Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Service Engineer 50+ Posts harps05's Avatar

MX-2614n Inbound Routing

I have recently set up inbound routing on a MX-2614n, so that all faxes are sent direct to email.

Does anyone know if there is a way to send them to a specific inbox folder. i.e tag the jobs with a specific text, say "Copier Fax". Then create a rule in outlook or whatever to allocate all incoming messages with this tag to be put in that specific folder?

I'm sure there was a way on earlier models (I think).

Thanks.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MX-2614n Inbound Routing

Re: MX-2614n Inbound Routing

I am not sure about your solution. Could you have faxes routed to a fax email, like fax@yourdomainhere.com and have Outlook handle both emails.

IT could handle that or you can possibly google how to do it.

One of the results from googling it - Setting Up Multiple Email Accounts in Outlook and Outlook Express

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MX-2614n Inbound Routing

Quote Originally Posted by harps05 View Post
    I have recently set up inbound routing on a MX-2614n, so that all faxes are sent direct to email.

Does anyone know if there is a way to send them to a specific inbox folder. i.e tag the jobs with a specific text, say "Copier Fax". Then create a rule in outlook or whatever to allocate all incoming messages with this tag to be put in that specific folder?

I'm sure there was a way on earlier models (I think).

Thanks.
    That sounds like a feature of the mail client, I'm not entirely certain a copier would be able to specify which inbox folder it's sending to unless it's possible to provide a direct link to the specific folder you want it to go. Eg. inbox@domain.com becomes inbox-folder@domain.com
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The MFD will not do that. You will need to use the rules feature in your email client and get it to move them to the folder you want. They will all be prefixed with same subject so on the rule do from x@y.com with subject that start xyz move to folder xyz.

The good thing about email is that you can add metadata (albeit very limited) to the email address itself. For example, if my email was example@domain.com and I wanted to send it to a custom folder, I could say example+custom@domain.com. Then within Outlook or Thunderbird, etc, I would specify a rule/filter to send all content sent to custom, to a physical folder on the computer/server.