The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

"So You Wanna Get Into Production...?" : Mojos Sharp Fix #1 6500-7500

Since the support from Sharp has pretty much dried up as of late, I am starting "Mojos Sharp Fix".
    "So you wanna get into production...?" is the first installment and addresses some issues and fixes that Sharp is not even aware of..until now.
    The Polaris Pro is Sharps first foray into "light production" and this box is wrought with issues. Here are a few issues you may run into and the remedies for each.
    Capture.jpg
    1. Pantone Solid Coated library. This is the one built into the Fiery controller. The problem is the formulas in this table are completely wrong and all Pantone colors are flooded with magenta. There is a 2nd edition of these tables that must be loaded for that specific Pantone library to render properly. It can be found here: EFI - Fiery PANTONE Library Download Page. It is the one at the bottom of the list. You can import these libraries to the Fiery using the Import button.
    However, there is another issue. The Pantone library to be used MUST be at the top of the list or it will grab the first instance of Pantone it matches. If you are trying to render Pantone 801, and a library higher in the list has the same Pantone 801 name, it will use that as opposed to the specific library you want. The green box indicates the 2nd edition in the proper location, the orange box is the corrupted library in the above photo.
    Capture2.jpg numlockon.jpg numlockoff.jpg
    2. Command Workstation login: when logging into Command Workstation, the Numlock key is on by default. If not turned off, the standard password (Fiery.1) gets entered as seen in the photo on the left. The second photo shows the keyboard light on indicating that Numlock is on. The third photo shows by pressing the FN and NumLk keys together, the light and feature are turned off and you can then login normally.
    3. Fiery Version software on the PE-10: the PE-10 are starting to ship with version 1.1 software. The first three service packs cannot be installed with version 1.1; they are for version 1.0 only. Sharp would have us go to IDNC and download and install these individually. By simply hooking the machine to the internet, it will find and install the proper Fiery patches automatically.
    It will also allow you to do the Windows patches as well. The one I did yesterday had 84 patches and took some time to install.
    4. PE-10 version 1.0 upgrade to 1.1 : not always, but have seen this upgrade cause the touch panel not to function on the Fiery side. The standard MFP screen and service mode still work, but not when switched to Fiery. After several different attempts to get the panel back, I crashed the Fiery HDD by turning off the main power on the rear of the Fiery controller. After the reboot, the touch panel comes back. I have seen this 3 times and once in the past week.
    5. Plockmatic Booklet Maker: previous firmware allowed the Plockmatic to be powered down so the engine could be used as normal. With current firmware levels, the Plockmatic must be powered on at all times or the machine will not function.

Last edited by mojorolla; 07-18-2014 at 11:18 PM.
    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Re: "So You Wanna Get Into Production...?" : Mojos Sharp Fix #1

Not sure why this posted the same thread 3 times in the Sharp forum...
    Hey admin, can you delete the other 2...?

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    "So You Wanna Get Into Production...?" : Mojos Sharp Fix #1

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Not sure why this posted the same thread 3 times in the Sharp forum...
    Hey admin, can you delete the other 2...?

I thought you were trying to make a point with the three posts.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Ran into another issue last week with this "marvel" of a box. I had a scenario where I had to simply move the machine down 3 feet to make room for other equipment. Normally not a big deal, but this has a Plockmatic, and of course I had to go by myself and it had to be done today. So I go out, take it apart, move it down, reconnect and level this "locomotive" of the print industry ; power it back up and the Fiery refuses to connect with a specific error message. Hotline, reload software, reseat boards, different power up sequences, DSS...nothing is working.

Oh ya, ask the hotline how to back up a Fiery server; they have no clue. If you reload software, you lose everything. This can be EASILY found on the internet knowing that the MX-PE10 option is a Fiery FS100 system.

I happened to be trolling the internet 10 minutes ago and came upon another forum (obviously not as great as this one) with the exact same error message on the exact same machine. So I am confident in posting this info.
    If you get this message shown below. Replace the EFI I/F board on the back of the machine.
    "Check copier power and cable connections" is the specific message displayed in red.
    Save the wasted time and lost data.
    Hope it helps someone.
    error message.jpg

Administrator 500+ Posts Aneurysm's Avatar

Not sure why this posted the same thread 3 times in the Sharp forum... Hey admin, can you delete the other 2...?
    Done
    --
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!

Quote Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
    Done
    TYVM

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thank you for starting this thread. I hope it goes on for a long time. I know sharp tech support reads this site. Maybe you can teach them something.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    "So You Wanna Get Into Production...?" : Mojos Sharp Fix #1

Ran into another issue last week with this "marvel" of a box. I had a scenario where I had to simply move the machine down 3 feet to make room for other equipment. Normally not a big deal, but this has a Plockmatic, and of course I had to go by myself and it had to be done today. So I go out, take it apart, move it down, reconnect and level this "locomotive" of the print industry ; power it back up and the Fiery refuses to connect with a specific error message. Hotline, reload software, reseat boards, different power up sequences, DSS...nothing is working.

Oh ya, ask the hotline how to back up a Fiery server; they have no clue. If you reload software, you lose everything. This can be EASILY found on the internet knowing that the MX-PE10 option is a Fiery FS100 system.

I happened to be trolling the internet 10 minutes ago and came upon another forum (obviously not as great as this one) with the exact same error message on the exact same machine. So I am confident in posting this info.
    If you get this message shown below. Replace the EFI I/F board on the back of the machine.
    "Check copier power and cable connections" is the specific message displayed in red.
    Save the wasted time and lost data.
    Hope it helps someone.
    error message.jpg

MOJO a Fiery is a Fiery no matter what it's connected to. Your issues with the EFI /if board is nothing new in Ricoh world. As for back ups Different Fiery Os's have different capabilities, Then there is the Fiery clone tool also. If Sharp is clueless to the Fiery's then they should've stayed out of Fiery world. I know they got out of it for quite a while. As for the FS 100, I find it more of an office controller for some color graphics not a high end color controller......... been doin' Fiery longer than I'll admit to....................................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations