Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

MX-565N printing from tray is default

I have a Sharp MX-565N that defaults to tray #4 when printing.

In the copy mode it will default to tray #2 (tray #1 has letterhead in it and all other trays have letter)

Sharp hotline was no help with this.

Has anyone seen this before?

The machine has an MX-DE20 cabinet.

Re: MX-565N printing from tray is default

Is the printing preferences set to print tray 4? Try setting to auto and paper type to plain.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-565N printing from tray is default

Is this behavior happening from ALL programs when printing or just certain programs and/or certain files? Have you hooked up your laptop and tried printing directly to copier to see if the behavior is mimicked? (This really helps to isolate the problem.)

I've noticed lately that Microsoft Office has become increasingly more intrusive with print settings that override the print driver settings (i.e. in Word, if you go to Print and then select "Page Setup" at bottom of Word options, and go to the Paper tab, those settings there will override the print driver).

Also, if you change any of those settings and save the document, those print settings will be retained as well.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

The DE-20 and 21 are the new tandem trays that are installed on the smaller models; where trays 3 & 4 would normally be. The default with these new tandems is tray 3. The bigger Sharps have always had the tandem trays as 1 & 2; tray 1 being default. Same thing just on the bottom.

That being said, these things are troublesome. So much so that we prefer to sell the LCC instead.
    A few things I have noticed:
    -Be sure to adjust the paper guide in the trays as they are a lot more sensitive to skewing.
    -Remove the rear cover and inspect the longer belt of the two. They are extremely loose and cause timing issues. So loose that you can easily squeeze both sides together. The same belt can also have a "bubble" of the belt surface where it is stretched.
    -Had an instance, 5141, where the tandem was a constant issue. No big whoop, swapped it out with a brand new one, turn it on and the tandem trays were grayed out. Odd thing was I could configure and print from the tandem, but no copy. Tried everything including a full wipe, nothing touched it. I went out the next day, put in a DE-14 and haven't heard from them since.
    -565 family has an issue with the trays when running 50-28 tray adjustments. The machine thinks that trays 3 & 4 are tray 1 and prints the one block scan pattern. Didn't think a 5 digit registration value was possible; I was wrong.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    The DE-20 and 21 are the new tandem trays that are installed on the smaller models; where trays 3 & 4 would normally be. The default with these new tandems is tray 3. The bigger Sharps have always had the tandem trays as 1 & 2; tray 1 being default. Same thing just on the bottom.

That being said, these things are troublesome. So much so that we prefer to sell the LCC instead.
    A few things I have noticed:
    -Be sure to adjust the paper guide in the trays as they are a lot more sensitive to skewing.
    -Remove the rear cover and inspect the longer belt of the two. They are extremely loose and cause timing issues. So loose that you can easily squeeze both sides together. The same belt can also have a "bubble" of the belt surface where it is stretched.
    -Had an instance, 5141, where the tandem was a constant issue. No big whoop, swapped it out with a brand new one, turn it on and the tandem trays were grayed out. Odd thing was I could configure and print from the tandem, but no copy. Tried everything including a full wipe, nothing touched it. I went out the next day, put in a DE-14 and haven't heard from them since.
    -565 family has an issue with the trays when running 50-28 tray adjustments. The machine thinks that trays 3 & 4 are tray 1 and prints the one block scan pattern. Didn't think a 5 digit registration value was possible; I was wrong.

Hey mojorolla,
    have You found the reason for the Problems with the Registration? I had the Same and Sharp Said they have no other machine with the Same Problem . I had installed more Then 20 machines in this config .
    Only one Gone fail .

Thanks for Info

This issue occurs with different programs and from different PCs.

It even happens when printing a test print from the print driver.

If the printing preferences are set for auto select for source and auto for paper type this still happens.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    This issue occurs with different programs and from different PCs.

It even happens when printing a test print from the print driver.

If the printing preferences are set for auto select for source and auto for paper type this still happens.

Hey spanky ,

i mean the Problem by Registration 50-28 . There is Printing only the Same pattern . For all Trays . The pattern for tray 1 is Printed by tray 2 , 3 and 4 When a de-20 is installed .