Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Sharp MX-3640 C4-00 Error

Have a sharp mx-3640 with a c4-00 error code that keeps poping up. I have replace the folowing :
    PTU Unit
    Primary Transfer belt unit
    Secondary Transfer unit
    TC PWB ( updated part)
    PCU PWB
    The machine has the latest firmware with 346,708 b/w total count and 32,166 color, It is also located in a clean environment. This machine is on an innovolt line power manager and has had 0 occurrences after all the items have been replaced, It only seemed to happen in the morning After A long Print job around 500 pages. After replacing items it didn't matter how long the print job was , it would happen at least once a day for the past 6 days. I have removed the tc pwb a few times to make sure it was properly installed and have also done the same with the PTC unit. Any suggestions?

Technician

Re: Sharp MX-3640 C4-00 Error

Quote Originally Posted by sortiz View Post
    Have a sharp mx-3640 with a c4-00 error code that keeps poping up. I have replace the folowing :
    PTU Unit
    Primary Transfer belt unit
    Secondary Transfer unit
    TC PWB ( updated part)
    PCU PWB
    The machine has the latest firmware with 346,708 b/w total count and 32,166 color, It is also located in a clean environment. This machine is on an innovolt line power manager and has had 0 occurrences after all the items have been replaced, It only seemed to happen in the morning After A long Print job around 500 pages. After replacing items it didn't matter how long the print job was , it would happen at least once a day for the past 6 days. I have removed the tc pwb a few times to make sure it was properly installed and have also done the same with the PTC unit. Any suggestions?
    Had the same code on a mx3100n, changed out the same parts as you, no joy. Went on to the dc-pwb. Fixed our problem.

Technician

Re: Sharp MX-3640 C4-00 Error

Had the same problem on a MX2310, tried all the suggested remedies with no joy, turned out to be the two magnetic clutches on the rear of the main drive, the two that operate the Primary Trans Unit. Hope this helps. Parts code PCLC-0373FCZ1 they are both the same, but as I say that's on a 2310 not a 3640 but they are very similar.
    Last edited by copytechonline; 04-30-2015 at 10:55 AM.