Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sharp Error 80-0000 scan to network folder or sharpdesk

Customer updated to Windows 8.1 and now I'm pulling my hair out trying to get the scan to sharpdesk working again.

It was scanning just fine prior to the update. The stickler is, they have 2 or 3 other computers with 8.1 working just fine scanning to sharpdesk.
    It's only with this one computer. I tried even setting up and scanning to a network folder on this computer but get the same 80-0000 job log error.

I made sure anti-virus or software is diabled, network file share is enabled, network scan folder is shared among everyone with read/write and full access permissions. I used the \\computername\Scans pathway with user name and password. Still no go.

Any suggestions would be great.
    thanks.

Re: Sharp Error 80-0000 scan to network folder or sharpdesk

Make sure the username you are using to scan with is a local user: How to setup local account in Windows 8.1
    Also, if the computer is on a domain use domain\username or username@domain.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Customer updated to Windows 8.1 and now I'm pulling my hair out trying to get the scan to sharpdesk working again.

It was scanning just fine prior to the update. The stickler is, they have 2 or 3 other computers with 8.1 working just fine scanning to sharpdesk.
    It's only with this one computer. I tried even setting up and scanning to a network folder on this computer but get the same 80-0000 job log error.

I made sure anti-virus or software is diabled, network file share is enabled, network scan folder is shared among everyone with read/write and full access permissions. I used the \\computername\Scans pathway with user name and password. Still no go.

Any suggestions would be great.
    thanks.
    for sharpdesk you can check that it is not being blocked by using telnet. Telnet needs to be turned on/activated (program and features, turn on windows features).

open command line type; telnet (ip address of pc) 4687 (default port Network scanner tool uses) you should get a response of 220 Sharp - Network Scanner Tool ftp server. If not , port 4687 is being blocked by the firewall. If your customer copied shardesk from the old pc to the new 8.1 pc, that will not work , unfortunately sharpdesk will need to be uninstalled and then reinstalled (had customers update to win 8.1 and copy sharpdesk over) .
    For scan to network folder, depending on which MFP you have, you may need to add SMB 1.0 to windows, windows features , in control panel , programs and features .

Also try ip address instead of computer name in path for network folder.

Technician

Any fix on this? I am having the same problem on a windows 8.1 computer with a MX-C311. I have done everything I can think of to make this work and get the dreaded CE-00 (NG800000) error.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

have you check firewall yet, maybe that block by firewall

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

If you choose to set up Sharpdesk and you cannot fix it within a few checkpoints like IP address/hostname, recreating profile and checking firewall, I normally uninstall and reinstall and will solve most of my issues.