Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Position Adjustment on MX-4101N

I've been rather confused in the past about how to adjust the image position for scanning on an MX-4101N, wondering if I can pick your collective brain.

When scanning documents to file, the resulting PDF has a small margin from the edge of the document to the visible image. The leading edge of the image on the document is cut off by a little bit. I'm aware of SIM 50, but not how to use it. I believe that is where I need to start. I mostly need to move the image away from the leading edge and toward the trailing edge, but if there is other information about moving the image towards and away from the front of the machine as well, that would probably be useful.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Position Adjustment on MX-4101N

The best thing is to try with sim 50-28. Its the Automatic adjustment for Image lead edge position, image loss, void area, image off-center, image magnification ratio adjustment.

[BK-MAG ADJ] : Print image main scanning direction automatic magnification ratio adjustment
    [SETUP/PRINT ADJ]: Print image off-center automatic adjustment (Print engine)
    [OC ADJ]: Copy mode image lead edge position, image loss, void area, image off-center, sub scanning direction image magnification ratio automatic adjustment

When you are doing this thing, it will print 1 page with marking on it, just put it on the scanner glas and press execute.

[SPF ADJ]: Copy mode image lead edge position, image loss, void area, image off-center, sub scanning direction image magnification ratio automatic adjustment This one will print 1 page with marking on it, put it in the document feeder and press execute.

After doing those adjustments, and it is not satisfying resultat, you have to go in do everything manually, and that can take some time and is not very easy to do.