Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    konica minolta 421 c3801

konica minolta 421 c3801

had a quick question for ya'll. I have a machine a ways away with a c3801. the book says it is a low fuser temp. customer says they reset it every day. which is wierd. usually fuser codes stop the machine. do I have athermistor going out? any help would be appreciated. thanks

brent

We have changed a thermistor to clear this code on a 421 but the machine will need a trouble reset, could somebody have instructed your customer how to do this ?

konica minolta 421 c3801

I don't know for sure. my customer told me that they just either turned the machine off and on. or front door? I know it sounds stupid. but they figured it out. it is a ways out. but I will head out and replace or clean thermistors. the darn thing is only 4 months old

brent

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    konica minolta 421 c3801

That doesn't make sense for a fuser code, those can't be reset by a simple on/off or open close front cover, especially front cover! (there aren't any interlocks on it!) Your sure its a 3801 code? (sounds stupid to ask but hey!)

Regards!
    A.

konica minolta 421 c3801

Quote Originally Posted by copytechman View Post
    That doesn't make sense for a fuser code, those can't be reset by a simple on/off or open close front cover, especially front cover! (there aren't any interlocks on it!) Your sure its a 3801 code? (sounds stupid to ask but hey!)

Regards!
    A.
    since I am not there. I am going to ask for sure. that is a good comment. I know how customers get numbers messed up for sure. I sure would hate to go out there on monday and be way prepared for the wrong code. thanks for the advice....

brent

Technician
    I have had a few machines only a few months old doing the same and the only solution was to change the Thermister kit 50ga-5440. That solved our problems.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    konica minolta 421 c3801

To reset the error codes for this series, you have to shut down the machine from the main power (the switch behind the front door), start the machine with the 'Utility/Counter' pressed, keep the button down until 'trouble reset' button shows on the touch screen, press on it (you should get a small 'ok' beneath the button), turn off and then on.