Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NVRAM

Post NVRAM

I have these two machines a C253nd C450; the NVRAMS are faulty and the machines are not able to boot fully. I have change MFP boards from other machines along with their NVRAMS and the machines booted well. I know for certain that the problem is with the NVRAM. Tried to upgrade firmware but in vain. Is there a way to particularly rewrite data to the NVRAM or how to deal with such problems with the NVRAM?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

NVRAM recovery pdf

Hope this can help, if you need particular firmware, let me know. Emujo
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you so much. This is very helpful info. I'm currently downloading the firmware for C450 but I can't seem to find the one for C253. Can u please send it to me?

Secondly Does C350 have an NVRAM board?
    If the data to the Board is written appropriately, can the NVRAM hardware be interchangable between models?

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Short answer...no.

Swapping the NVRAM from one machine to another is strictly taboo. For troubleshooting, this is ok.

The C350 to my knowledge is a different beast, in spite of visually looking similar to the C450.

You can get replacement NVRAM from KM support. You will likely have to involve a certified tech from KM to make things happen however.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    NVRAM

Stirton is right about the NVRAM being different again on the C350. The MFP Boards and firmware run off a different architecture.

If you can get into trouble reset mode then you can jump into service mode from there. You can then try to recover the NVRAM using service mode. If all else fails, then Stirton is right again that you will have to get a certified tech involved to do the Konica Minolta paper work for getting another NVRAM.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Been having troble with these NVRAMS lately, particularly due to spikes.
    Been thinking, can't I do recovery of the C203 NVram in a C450 machine then just switch it back and reinstall C203 Firmware in a C203 machine?
    That's because there isn't recovery firmware for C203 or atleast I haven't found it in the list of firmware for C203.
    Pardon me for the crazyness!!!! Just thinking

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CKiiza View Post
    Been thinking, can't I do recovery of the C203 NVram in a C450 machine then just switch it back and reinstall C203 Firmware in a C203 machine?
    That's because there isn't recovery firmware for C203 or atleast I haven't found it in the list of firmware for C203.
    No you can't do that. NVRAMs are not the same. And why should you? There is already the right NVRAM FW for C203. If you have access to KM then you should be able to find it.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Ditto to the other response about access to the support site of KM, the NVRAM recovery tool is available there.

As for the power problem, it is highly recommended that you install power conditioners on this series of machine. We do this as a mandatory part of sales, no machine goes out without one if it can be helped. The machines that have one installed with them almost never have any issues. The exception is in extreme conditions like if the power to the building cuts out, even then the machines are usually easily recovered.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

I have searched on infohub and all i find is special and mas production firmware nothing in particular like
    NV Ram recovery for C203. which one is it exactly?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I have searched on infohub and all i find is special and mas production firmware nothing in particular like
    NV Ram recovery for C203. which one is it exactly?
    On Infohub search for DLBT0802274EN00. In your case C203 FW would be A02E0Y0-F000-GEQ-J8(00).EXE