Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Biz 223 SMB scanning "forward tx error"

Ran in to two of these in the past month. When scanning to folder i'm getting a "forward tx error" in the job history. This seems more like an scan to mail error but.....
    The most recent one is a new Windows 7 computer. No password. Tried both hostname and IP address-NG. Disabled firewall. Folder is shared with full control/permissions on C:
    Has anyone seen this error when SMB'ing?
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Biz 223 SMB scanning "forward tx error"

Try making an account with password for windows 7, i did not manage using scan to SMB in windows 7 without password account....

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Biz 223 SMB scanning "forward tx error"

Definately create an account for the device to use.

HoonBoy is right in saying that it is not very easy to setup scanning via SMB without a password.

Also, make sure you check the Network and Sharing Center to make sur that file and print sharing is turned on and that you aren't connected to a "Public" network.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

You usually see this message when fax forward is enabled...MFP receives fax, but can't route it to email, or smb location..SMB scan failures normally show up as "server connect error" or "login failure"

As the above posters recommended, check your Win7 SMB settings, and here are a few other tips

1. If using "host name" (not IP address) use all CAPS, and no leading whacks
    2. no leading whacks on file path..ie folder\folder\ect
    3. If the folder you shared is in "public" then you shouldn't need user name/password
    4. If you are in a domain other than "workgroup" go into ADMIN/NETWORK/SMB SETTINGS/Print settings and change the default domain to the customers domain name..ie abcbiz.com, all you need is abcbiz. You should be able to navigate backwards from the "create 1 touch destination" under user settings..MFP will display the customers network and you can navigate to the shared folder you need from here..Little better for proving user name/ password/ correct sharing attributes. Good luck. Emujo

It was the missing password. I think XP allowed the blank password. Well good to know i guess. Thanks for the input guys!
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others