Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    robertistoshiba

Exclamation SCX-3405W Web Sync Thru Password

I have the SCX-3405W and I created a password for it a while back and can't remember the stupid thing. Anyways, contacted Samsung and their answer was there is no reset retty much rendering the machine useless over a network for the wifi. I found the service manual, parts and user manual and none of which explain how to reset the password. I was able to do a factory reset with the short and I mean very short service mode they provide which is more of a diagnostics mode with no success. I am curious if anyone has figured out how to reset the password whether it be reseting the HDD or telneting into the machine or something to that nature. I have worked on copiers and printers for years and never seen anything this stupid. I have also tried the last 4 sets of the mac address as instructed by a couple people I have seen post on random sites and no success. I am about to rip the machine apart just to see what makes it tick unless any of you guys have a better idea lol. Thanks for any help provided!

Easy-when-you-know-how

Re: SCX-3405W Web Sync Thru Password

Quote Originally Posted by robertistoshiba View Post
    I have the SCX-3405W and I created a password for it a while back and can't remember the stupid thing. Anyways, contacted Samsung and their answer was there is no reset retty much rendering the machine useless over a network for the wifi. I found the service manual, parts and user manual and none of which explain how to reset the password. I was able to do a factory reset with the short and I mean very short service mode they provide which is more of a diagnostics mode with no success. I am curious if anyone has figured out how to reset the password whether it be reseting the HDD or telneting into the machine or something to that nature. I have worked on copiers and printers for years and never seen anything this stupid. I have also tried the last 4 sets of the mac address as instructed by a couple people I have seen post on random sites and no success. I am about to rip the machine apart just to see what makes it tick unless any of you guys have a better idea lol. Thanks for any help provided!
    If you're still looking for a solution...

Try connecting to the SCX-3405W via USB and and the Samsung Easy Printer Manager (SEPM) software. Under Device Settings / Network at the bottom of the page there is a Restore Defaults, Network Settings Clear button, which also clears the security config, resetting in back to admin/ sec00000. Then power the printer off then back on. You'll then need to re-instate the network settings which can be done via the SEPM software.

Hope this helps!

EWYKH.