Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

C6501 - Error code C-4520

This started with a string of other codes which led me to the image control board having a blown fuse (icp 1). Replaced the fuse which gets me to failing color registration.

Problem is that the code is not a problem with color registration, its because the black is always on which throws off the color reg.

By always on I mean the black is always outputting no matter what color is printing. If I run test pattern 53 with yellow only, I get the yellow test pattern but the whole sheet is also has a grey background on the whole sheet.

So the black being present is what is throwing the color reg off not a sensor or the belt.

Problem seems to be in the image processing board. Put 2 different boards in the machine and got the same results but when I put one of those boards in a working machine I get grey backgrounds even when black is not supposed to print. My guess would be that there is a short somewhere causing damage to the image processing board but I am at a lost to where.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C6501 - Error code C-4520

Lightbulb Re: C6501 - Error code C-4520

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Technician

Re: C6501 - Error code C-4520

Quote Originally Posted by JustManuals.com View Post
    This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com
    Do you even read post before you spam them?

Anyways found another fuse blown on the image processing board, put a new one on and machine back to normal.

Guess the moral if your getting a solid haze of color when your not printing that color and its not your corona, check the image processing board.