Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

BH454e withinteresting message/warning

I will thro this on the connectivity page too, but Being this message is on all three different Bizhubs(454e,554e, and c454e). It happened at this location after a power outage. I know it has to be network related, but their I.T. dept. has no clue or they don't care. They are a great customer and I would like to help them out. There are no messages or conflicts showing up on any PC. They cannot scan to smb since this popped. Any ideas??? Or a good explanation? ThanksIMG_0740.JPG

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    BH454e withinteresting message/warning

Re: BH454e withinteresting message/warning

My guess is that the local IT has re-named the machine's hostname, and it is duplicate to another device. Probably something like "KMPrinter".

What I would do is (with the local IT's permission) put my laptop on the network and run NetScan. It will create a list of network IP addresses and hostnames. Once you identify the devices with the same hostname the responsibility passes to the local IT to decide which device to rename, and the various repercussions (other places the renaming must occur). For example, on some networks the print driver specifies the MFP's hostname as the printer port. If you were to rename the MFP, it would disrupt the customer's ability to print.

Duplicate IP or hostname will lead to won't print, or intermittent printing situations. On one occasion I had a single user that was carrying in a personal laptop which had the IP hard-set same as the printer. Between 6:30 am and 3:30 pm the MFP only printed occasionally. At 3:30 pm hundreds of print jobs descended en mass on the MFP. The machine would print continuously from 3:30 to 7:00 pm. Then it would start all over again the next day. I ran NetScan, and identified a Toshiba laptop using the same IP address. The first 6 digits of the PC's Mac address identifies the manufacturer. I provided IP address, hostname, and Mac address to the local IT, and they was able to track down the laptop. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=