Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google Ads

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Google Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    Hello, as you can see I do my best to help generate donations to this site and not my pockets.
    How much would it cost to run this site ad free?
    The BBS I was a mod and later an admin. We paid dues to keep the status and it was enough to cover the cost of hosting and site upgrades without any ads that were not directly paid for and appeared on the main page only.
    I will keep trying to drive up contributors regardless but if there is a number to hit to have this site pay\click ad-free I'll step up my efforts in another forum catagory as well as I have both konica and Kyocera acceas.
    That should double the amount of donations.
    Of course if this is not feasible for any reason I still won't stop my campaign to help drum up support.

Thanks for reading.

One last thing, there are a lot of zombie threads, does anyone have the ability to lock threads?
    It's weird to get notifications for threads that have long since perished and should be put to rest for good.
    Just my .02
    This attitude deserves nothing but my pure respect, but you probably should have known it so far.
    We help as we can, personally I don't expect anything more than CTN is up and running, but imho you've got a valid point here.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Google Ads

Re: Google Ads

yeah, i used to help out on smarka years ago and i liked the whole BBS for techs idea.
    then i was lucky to be on staff on a watercooling/overclocking BBS for a long time.
    then i found this place
    before i donated here i didnt block the ads, now i do because im never gonna click on any, im just a working shmuck for a huge dealer.
    20 ads just opening the first thread i saw, slows the site down to dial-up speed blocking or not.
    anyway, thank you for the kind words.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.