Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    "your message will be posted after approving by admin"

Just so you know, I'm still not an administrator on this site.

weeirrr seems to be having some problem with Tapatalk. Aneurysm: can you help?

Hello, I have some trouble in posting to the forum. Mostly I use tapatalk on my phone. If I try to create a new post it gives me a message “your message will posted after approving by admin”.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: "your message will be posted after approving by admin"

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Just so you know, I'm still not an administrator on this site.

weeirrr seems to be having some problem with Tapatalk. Aneurysm: can you help?

Hello, I have some trouble in posting to the forum. Mostly I use tapatalk on my phone. If I try to create a new post it gives me a message “your message will posted after approving by admin”.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That kind of sounds exactly like what a newb that has helped no one here might be having a problem with. There is far more information that they need to share with you so you can share it here.
    Don't get me wrong, you're doing an awesome thing, as it is always a good thing to help those who are from a place where things are far more desperate than they are here. But in the fullness of time some people are just jerks that are trying to take advantage of you and deserve to be put into the cone of silence no matter where they are from.

Technician

Question Re: "your message will be posted after approving by admin"

I'm confused, trying to follow Iowatech response, since I too am having the same issue of having posted yesterday and posts didn't get moderated yet apparently and not only that but there's no log of posts awaiting moderation, its as if they don't exist and were never posted, and there's no idea as to when or if anyone will actually get around to looking at the posts awaiting moderation and approve them. I had posted earlier asking who are the "moderators" on here and that post itself is awaiting "moderation approval". This kind of delayed process is very discouraging to us new users. And I'm sorry if your post was misunderstood Iowatech but it comes across as condescending to new users "newbs" having problems and seeming to assume we're bad characters or something when we reach out for help to blackcat and other members. Hopefully I misunderstood your context, I'm not saying that was your intent, I'm just saying how it came across having read your reply to blacktrack (and perhaps I'm missing some additional context that wasn't posted here in relation to that specific user?).

So in case somehow this reply of mine "does get through" and doesn't get stuck in moderation limbo, anyone know who the moderators are here who can approve posts stuck in moderation queue?

thanks!

Aneurysm is the moderator, but here's the rub:

He does not view private messages regularly. The best way to get his attention is to start a new thread in the Site Feedback forum. If you can start a new thread, that leaves you without choices. =^..^=

Technician

Question Re: "your message will be posted after approving by admin"

Thanks for the tip but yea lol like you said its hit and miss because last new thread I tried to start on here I think got stuck in moderation and never got published, guess I could try again and see if I get lucky. Seems like its harder to post on here than on the FBI or DoD forums I think I have at least 3 posts stuck awaiting mod. approval.

I can understand the fear of spam forcing forums to treat all newbs as "criminals" until "proven innocent", but would be nice if we don't get dumped on skid-row "too long"

If every new user has to wait 3 days or more to get a post approved I'm guessing a decent percentage of those users will just "give up" and go to signs101 or other forums.

Do you know when, after how many posts etc, will a user's posts get automatically published without having to go through manual approval by the admin/moderator etc?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerprinter View Post

Do you know when, after how many posts etc, will a user's posts get automatically published without having to go through manual approval by the admin/moderator etc?

thanks!
    Aneurysm?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

If Aneurysm isn't always available maybe he should ask a few long time members to help out. My vote is for blackcat.........

Technician

Thanks, looks like either somebody/aneurysm did do something to approve or its on a timeout and after 4days it gets approved, because I just found that one of my new threads is now approved/published:

Anyone tried plugging a VGA graphics card in PCI slot on HP Designjet to see BOOTING?

I'm going to do one more new thread now in HP forum to see if it goes through direct or if it still gets caught in moderation, not sure what criteria is for skipping moderation.

EDIT/UPDATE:
    "OK cool! Maybe the admin/aneurysm "whitelisted" me or something, not sure how but now my new thread ( Is there difference between TECHNICIAN Manual versus Service Manual? ) seems to get published without going into "moderation queue"!
    So thanks!"
    Last edited by tinkerprinter; 06-17-2018 at 12:55 AM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerprinter View Post
    Thanks for the tip but yea lol like you said its hit and miss because last new thread I tried to start on here I think got stuck in moderation and never got published, guess I could try again and see if I get lucky. Seems like its harder to post on here than on the FBI or DoD forums I think I have at least 3 posts stuck awaiting mod. approval.

I can understand the fear of spam forcing forums to treat all newbs as "criminals" until "proven innocent", but would be nice if we don't get dumped on skid-row "too long"

If every new user has to wait 3 days or more to get a post approved I'm guessing a decent percentage of those users will just "give up" and go to signs101 or other forums.

thanks!
    Actually the reason for the verification email is to verify the email address you submitted is valid. It is a common practice.

For some government accounts it is used for double login security. If I want to check something on MySocialSecurity or MyMedicare, after entering my login and password they ask me to confirm that my email address is still valid and then send me a validation code.

Technician

Hi Slim, I think you misunderstood me this time because I wasn't complaining about the email verification, which had its own problem which you helped me fix, and thanks again for that! With your info I was able to make a change and force resending of activation email to a different address to where it did manage to make it into my inbox.

But this "other issue" was "after" I was already "confirmed" and "activated" by email. It had to do with posts being "stuck" in limbo for 3 days or more waiting for a "moderator" to look at them and approve the posts before they would appear anywhere. Not only that but because the message mentioning that your post went to get approved by a moderator only appeared onscreen for a quick Split-second, I didn't even know, which was confusing when my post was nowhere to be found. There's nowhere that you are told you have so and so posts waiting in moderation, no where in profile etc. And of course there's no problem with making new users to have their posts "manually read/approved" by a moderator, just that I think if new users have to wait 3days or more for post approval they may have moved on to other things and no longer end up participating on the forum.

I noticed a new user sent a ton of spam (was in Vietnamese language I think) and it took a while to stop them since there's only one admin on here that is able to do any moderation. Good to see that it seems to have all been cleaned up by now though