Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

34 reputation points were taken with red card by somebody, help! Moderator

This sandmanmac took me 34 reputation points because of the
    Thread:
    How to enter service mode for Lanier MP C3002 and adjuest the screen back light

You 'may' be a tech, but this is a PUBLIC forum and some things shouldn't be widely shared! And you couldn't even do a simple google search to find your answer, and then you take shots at people after getting what you want? = RED CARD!

shareing how to entering sp mode on this specific website is widely shared?
    I did a search but with no luck entering, so came here to confirm, also because had another question.
    sandmanmac said I took shots at people, I do not know if this is taking shot if I deserve the redcard?

Moderator, please come to have a look this. Cheers.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: 34 reputation points were taken with red card by somebody, help! Moderator

From looking at your profile, with only 12 posts, there is no way you had 34 reputation points to take. You were found in violation of one or more Forum Rule. Most likely Rule 5. Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. Sp access codes are the intellectual property of Ricoh.

By the way, there currently are, to my knowledge, no moderators.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caini View Post
    Thread:

You 'may' be a tech, but this is a PUBLIC forum and some things shouldn't be widely shared! And you couldn't even do a simple google search to find your answer, and then you take shots at people after getting what you want? = RED CARD!

I did a search but with no luck entering, so came here to confirm, also because had another question.
    sandmanmac said I took shots at people, I do not know if this is taking shot if I deserve the redcard?

Don't concern yourself with “rep points” they’re not like eBay feedback!
    Last edited by copier tech; 08-21-2019 at 04:42 PM.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caini View Post
    Thread:

Sandmanmac did not take rep points.. and with 12 posts no way in hell you had 34 points.

and he was correct .. you should not be giving out such info in public.. take it to PM.

and IF you were discussing things like slim said you deserve to be flagged.

you need to EARN rep points... and don't bitch n whine if you get some taken away

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

I could be wrong here but:

Rep points and rep power are two different things. I have 1300 points but my power is 42. Your power goes up as you accumulate points. Points are given for things like thanks and like. A positive rep comment will boost rep power more quickly.

As far as I know, there is no moderation team here. The site owner and admin, Aneurism, is the only one here with any such powers. It would be nice to see a few select folks elevated to moderator to help with general housekeeping.
    Last edited by zed255; 08-21-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    I could be wrong here but:

Rep points and rep power are two different things. I have 1300 points but my power is 42. Your power goes up as you accumulate points. Points are given for things like thanks and like. A positive rep comment will boot rep power more quickly.

As far as I know, there is no moderation team here. The site owner and admin, Aneurism, is the only one here with any such powers. It would be nice to see a few select folks elevated to moderator to help with general housekeeping.
    The subject of moderators has been discussed and he is looking at people he would like to see in that position.

People get a flag thrown when: they do not follow forum rules - make snarky remarks - COMPLAIN about the "way they are being treated" - Posting SPAM or other illegal activities - vulgar language ...

trust me my rep point fluctuated in the years... mainly because SOME didn't care for my political views and/or my comments. DEAL WITH IT... or just comment o things you KNOW about.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    The subject of moderators has been discussed and he is looking at people he would like to see in that position.

People get a flag thrown when: they do not follow forum rules - make snarky remarks - COMPLAIN about the "way they are being treated" - Posting SPAM or other illegal activities - vulgar language ...

trust me my rep point fluctuated in the years... mainly because SOME didn't care for my political views and/or my comments. DEAL WITH IT... or just comment o things you KNOW about.
    Personally if this was my site i'd make a contribution compulsory before membership was approved.

Maybe bear this in mind
    Aneurysm

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Personally if this was my site i'd make a contribution compulsory before membership was approved.

Maybe bear this in mind
    Aneurysm
    And you would end up with a site that had a lot of members with money to contribute and none with the expertise to help most people. I contribute my knowledge and experience.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    And you would end up with a site that had a lot of members with money to contribute and none with the expertise to help most people. I contribute my knowledge and experience.
    Apparenmtly this insulted ZOOTECH by this so he gave me a RED card.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

Maybe bear this in mind
    Aneurysm
    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I believe the truth is in the "golden mean" here.
    Site owner and admin Aneurysm has rights to design how CTN membership looks.
    We have rights to apply or not.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.