Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    I want to be removed from the forum!!!

Re: I want to be removed from the forum!!!

If it is the email notifications you do not want, it is easy. When you get the email notification for this or a reply to any thread you have posted you will see near the bottom of the post a line that says "To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:" Click on the link below it. You will no longer get notifications until you either create or Reply to another thread.

Also in Settings, near the bottom left click on settings for DBTech - Post Thanks. Check all 5 check boxes.

You should then never get anything generated by the Forum software.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by franco@neca.it View Post
    The Forum is very valid. It was my question that had been misplaced (too many attempts to change passwords on a Xerox VersaLink B405, then I realized that the password had never been changed, but the lock prevented me from realizing it, until the printer was turned off). This is why I wanted to delete the post. Sorry again.
    So IF the forum is valid..
    Your name isn't correct
    Frankly minor issue IMHO.
    As far as the SITE..COPYTECH.NET I find if you give proper info... don't violate said site's rules, you can find a plethora of information, and having a CONTRIBUTOR bage will be even more beneficial to you quests.
    (See login for contributors options)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

franco@neca.it

Ok, thanks to everyone. For now I will try to send the administrator another e-mail with the request to change my username (wrong because of me) and I will wait patiently.

Technician

As others already said it, the only thing you can really do is try to contact the admin "Aneurysm". You probably have to be a bit patient and keep it up until you receive the needed help.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    but stupid posts and lack of understanding of the workings of CTN, does not make CTN the problem ... rather you are good riddance !
    Loser.
    Furthermore I'm really surprised about the very rude replies in here. He clearly needed technical help the first time he started the thread, the problem got solved before someone could answer and he tried to edit the post afterwards. Also he accidentally put the adress as username, which I can understand can be indeed a problem, and yet is getting insulted for trying to fix this. And all of this while using a translator, he also still stays polite in the following posts.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trommel View Post
    Furthermore I'm really surprised about the very rude replies in here.
    The replies he got were because his original post starting this thread made it sound like he did not like us.

Wow just delete it from your mind dude. Why is this bothering you?
    If i could only count the number of user accounts i have created then left abandoned.

Your a fart on a hard drive somewhere.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Trommel View Post
    As others already said it, the only thing you can really do is try to contact the admin "Aneurysm". You probably have to be a bit patient and keep it up until you receive the needed help.

Furthermore I'm really surprised about the very rude replies in here. He clearly needed technical help the first time he started the thread, the problem got solved before someone could answer and he tried to edit the post afterwards. Also he accidentally put the adress as username, which I can understand can be indeed a problem, and yet is getting insulted for trying to fix this. And all of this while using a translator, he also still stays polite in the following posts.
    Dude yea this is a tough world. Ya need to be technical. Can't help everyone cuz its pointless in some cases.
    Stick around and poke us with some real information on problems.
    Last edited by allan; 11-27-2019 at 06:53 PM.
    Whatever

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Furthermore I'm really surprised about the very rude replies in here. He clearly needed technical help the first time he started the thread, the problem got solved before someone could answer and he tried to edit the post afterwards. Also he accidentally put the adress as username, which I can understand can be indeed a problem, and yet is getting insulted for trying to fix this. And all of this while using a translator, he also still stays polite in the following posts.[/QUOTE]

Once again probably a language barrier but I replied to what I thought was a "rude" prank. The way it was worded was why I reacted the way I did. Do I feel bad he made a stupid mistake using his email as user name, yeah that sucks but don't make it worse by posting in a way that turns people off right from the start! Not going to get a lot of help that way.

Personally I would turn off all notifcations and let that name drift into cyber abyss. And after all of this if you still want to be a part of this rats nest then sign up with a new name.

franco@neca.it

I'm sorry for the heated tones of the discussion.
    As you can see, I'm not an experienced user of the forums. I hastily made serious mistakes that I could not solve.
    I didn't make excuses, I just tried to quickly clarify my situation at that time.

Don't exchange my "stupid ignorance" for arrogance or rudeness.
    What is certain is that as a first experience it was rather traumatizing. you are rather "severe"

I will wait until the administrator, with his time, tries to solve the problem.

.. Yes, then translation unfortunately makes things worse.
    Excuse me so much!
    I respect and admire those who lose their time and are committed to helping others!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    ... Do I feel bad he made a stupid mistake using his email as user name, yeah that sucks but don't make it worse by posting in a way that turns people off right from the start! Not going to get a lot of help that way. ...
    A guy (a) makes a mistake in a foreign language, (b) asks for help, and (c) and gets abuse rather than help?! Is that really the best we can do? Have you ever tried working in another language? Would you behave that way face-to-face? - or if you used your name rather than a handle?

Sorry, but I agree with Trommel. I'm sure you are better than that; we all are. Please, let's help when we can, and if we can't keep silent. The world has enough crap.