Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Questionable thread content -=FRAUD=-?

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    6,184
    Rep Power
    117

    Questionable thread content -=FRAUD=-?

    Thread: c224e counter reset


    Many in this thread have mentioned the questionable content in this thread.

    It seems there are various needs to set copier TOTAL counts to zero.??


    I'm sure we all feel this is one way to cheat a customer, if the customer isn't aware that it is really a used unit. IMHO a way to de-fraud the buyer.

    Please review the thread and let us know of your decision.

    Thanks,

    PhilB.

  2. #2
    How'd ya manage that? 500+ Posts zed255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    975
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: Questionable thread content -=FRAUD=-?

    This site needs and *active* moderation team to enforce the rules and general good conduct. I know Aneurysm has a day job and can't nanny the site on a regular basis, but I'm sure he could vet a few members and ask them to form a moderation team. With moderators we could be closing threads that have run their course and have devolved, purging / locking rule breaking threads and banning repeat offenders or spammers more effectively than Aneurysm can on his own.

    I'll even volunteer!
    Zed
    One out of four people is mentally unbalanced.
    Think of your three closest friends...
    If they seem okay, then You're The One.

  3. #3
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,401
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: Questionable thread content -=FRAUD=-?

    This site is the lone fortress of its kind. I participated in a lot of them over the years as many members here but frankly CTN is maybe last one nowadays. Be careful guys and respect what we have. It's fragile...
    That said I think Aneurysm should consider your thoughts at least.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  4. #4
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Questionable thread content -=FRAUD=-?

    copiertec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Centereach, L.I. New York
    Posts
    539
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Questionable thread content -=FRAUD=-?

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    This site is the lone fortress of its kind. I participated in a lot of them over the years as many members here but frankly CTN is maybe last one nowadays. Be careful guys and respect what we have. It's fragile...
    That said I think Aneurysm should consider your thoughts at least.
    Agreed 100%. I was just talking with a fellow tech about this situation. I wish there were a way that just legitimate copier techs and IT personnel could just access a site like this one and not have the BS such as meter resets, laymen trying to save a buck and stealing our knowledge and using our YEARS of experience to fix their issues, etc... (Just my 2 cents). I even see techs on this site who have been on this site for years but do not contribute to maintaining the site monetarily. As far as I know, this is the last site of its kind and without it, legitimate techs and IT persons can not interact and learn from one another.

  5. #5
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    10,164
    Rep Power
    229

    Re: Questionable thread content -=FRAUD=-?

    Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Agreed 100%. I was just talking with a fellow tech about this situation. I wish there were a way that just legitimate copier techs and IT personnel could just access a site like this one and not have the BS such as meter resets, laymen trying to save a buck and stealing our knowledge and using our YEARS of experience to fix their issues, etc... (Just my 2 cents). I even see techs on this site who have been on this site for years but do not contribute to maintaining the site monetarily. As far as I know, this is the last site of its kind and without it, legitimate techs and IT persons can not interact and learn from one another.
    Are you aware that not all of us are rich. I would love to be able to contribute monetarily have never had the available disposable funds. As a result I have always tried to contribute as much knowledge as I can.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Questionable thread content -=FRAUD=-?

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,910
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Questionable thread content -=FRAUD=-?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Thread: c224e counter reset


    Many in this thread have mentioned the questionable content in this thread.

    It seems there are various needs to set copier TOTAL counts to zero.??


    I'm sure we all feel this is one way to cheat a customer, if the customer isn't aware that it is really a used unit. IMHO a way to de-fraud the buyer.

    Please review the thread and let us know of your decision.

    Thanks,

    PhilB.

    In some counties resetting copier counters is not fraud, after all you can't sell a C224e as a new machine.

    Copiers don't have the same value as cars with low millage readings a copier with 500k will cost the same to buy as a copier with 250k etc.

    In most cases these copiers go out on rental & starting the counters at zero simply make the billing process easier.


    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Questionable thread content -=FRAUD=-?

    copiertec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Centereach, L.I. New York
    Posts
    539
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Questionable thread content -=FRAUD=-?

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    In some counties resetting copier counters is not fraud, after all you can't sell a C224e as a new machine.

    Copiers don't have the same value as cars with low millage readings a copier with 500k will cost the same to buy as a copier with 250k etc.

    In most cases these copiers go out on rental & starting the counters at zero simply make the billing process easier.


    Why not just start the copiers at their original meter? Our company sells both new and used and we just start at the current count. I did work for a company back around 94, when I first started and the owner would turn the meters back and was told this was normal, something told me it wasn't right. Later on, a few months later, the owner was being sued for selling old equipment as new. I also worked for a company that bought refurbished Sharp copiers and the meters were at zero when they came to our office but they had a refurbished sticker on them.
    Last edited by copiertec; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:42 PM.

  8. #8
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Questionable thread content -=FRAUD=-?

    copiertec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Centereach, L.I. New York
    Posts
    539
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Questionable thread content -=FRAUD=-?

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Are you aware that not all of us are rich. I would love to be able to contribute monetarily have never had the available disposable funds. As a result I have always tried to contribute as much knowledge as I can.
    Understandable, slimslob, might I rephrase that, as a technician you can contribute with advice and knowledge or.... monetarily, either one is appreciated by a fellow tech. What I am trying to say is this site is the last one of its kind, Smartka, KD connect, etc are all gone. I know dessert tech tried to start one but I do not know if it is still operational.

  9. #9
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Questionable thread content -=FRAUD=-?

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,910
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Questionable thread content -=FRAUD=-?

    Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Why not just start the copiers at their original meter? Our company sells both new and used and we just start at the current count. I did work for a company back around 94, when I first started and the owner would turn the back and was told this was normal,something told me it wasn't right. Later on a few months later the owner was being sued for selling old equipment as new. I also worked for a company that bought refurbished Sharp copiers and the meters were a zero when they came to our office but they had a refurbished sticker on them.
    Of course that's what you and I would do, take the readings at install & start billing from then.

    However I can see how zeroing the counter eliminates any confusion staring a maintenance/rental agreement at 0 makes sense too.

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  10. #10
    IT Manager 1,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,045
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Questionable thread content -=FRAUD=-?

    I believe remanufactured model machines you can reset meters to zero.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here