Thread: Thread tools

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Aneurysm - we've seen a rise of complaints of members about some threads growing into battle fields mainly in 'Rants, Raves, and Everything Else' forum.
    Would be nice if we have thread tool like 'choose to not view this thread and new post here' for example. I imagine this should work just like block some member from viewing his posts.
    No need to even implement it for more than about 5 specific threads.
    Thanks for reading
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Thread tools

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Aneurysm - we've seen a rise of complaints of members about some threads growing into battle fields mainly in 'Rants, Raves, and Everything Else' forum.
    Would be nice if we have thread tool like 'choose to not view this thread and new post here' for example. I imagine this should work just like block some member from viewing his posts.
    Thanks for reading
    I asked Admin something similar where it doesn't silence anyone or step on their rights. If you come to a technician forum and for some odd reason want to fight politics you have to "select" rants & raves. None of this crap will show up on home page.
    These few morons could still spew their rhetoric with each other in their own forum!

Just bad for the people stopping by this forum for 1st time. Most will run away or if desperate enough post one time and never come back after they see this crap!
    Like I posted before I know of 4 local techs that stop coming here. They said to let them know if it is ever a "tech" forum again. They also said it should be moderated which I agree with.

It really don't bother me anymore because as I have them blocked. The only way I could stick around this forum is to have these troublemakers blocked! Plus only stop here for a few times a day, do a quick scan to see if I can help anyone, maybe 30 secs and out of here! Would be great to hang around and post in other forums or start new threads about hobbies, life, etc. but why bother when these assholes will hijack the thread.

Last edited by copyman; 08-11-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

If you get an email notification that someone has replied to a thread, one of the links in the email is to use to unsubscribe from that thread. You can also delete subscriptions in settings - subscriptions. Just check the threads you want to unsubscribe from and at the bottom click Selected Threads and select delete. Just be aware that once you reply to one of the threads, you will be subscribed anew. You can also block individuals and you will not get notifications when those individuals reply to threads.

Thanks for reading
    Those that post in the "rants" forum are used to the bitching and immune to it. Ideally, since this is a copier forum posts in that subforum should not show up as a new post so those that only come here to talk about copiers will not see these threads.

All animosity towards other posters should remain there.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Those that post in the "rants" forum are used to the bitching and immune to it. Ideally, since this is a copier forum posts in that subforum should not show up as a new post so those that only come here to talk about copiers will not see these threads.

key word in that statement SHOULD

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Absolutely. There's no reason spreading the plague into technical threads.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    key word in that statement SHOULD
    They are there for everyone to see. That does not mean that you are forced to read them. You have the freedom to ignore any post you wish. If you use a computer like I do and want to remove the indication that an unread post exists in a thread just right click on it and select Open in new folder then close that folder. When you refresh the page it will no longer show as unread. You can also place individuals on your ignore list.

Couldn't of said it better "the plague". Actually if I had to pick the plague or democrat, a no brainer, would rather have the plague. These are some sick people thinking they are going change the great USA. Not without a fight! You know the country that gives billions to other countries every year! The good ole USA who protects other countries with our troops or weapons we sell them, train them, etc, etc.

All I can say is if that crap happening in these Dem cities come to the suburbs, we have some AR-15's waiting for you. Just good ole conserative rednecks protecting their homes & business. Hope to see you soon. We'll leave the porch lights on for you
    Last edited by copyman; 08-31-2020 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Couldn't of said it better "the plague". Actually if I had to pick the plague or democrat, a no brainer, would rather have the plague. These are some sick people thinking they are going change the great USA. Not without a fight! You know the country that gives billions to other countries every year! The good ole USA who protects other countries with our troops or weapons we sell them, train them, etc, etc.

All I can say is if that crap happening in these Dem cities come to the suburbs, we have some AR-15's waiting for you. Just good ole conserative rednecks protecting their homes & business. Hope to see you soon. We'll leave the porch lights on for you
    Well you will need people like Kyle R. The kid that took out 2..3 attackers.
    I have bout 2500 to 3000 rounds of heavy ball 556 for my AR15.
    AND that is just a small portion of my ammo for various calibers here. Thread tools I fucking DARE anyone to challenge me.. i had a showdown with a rookie sheriff that came on my property.. he saw my sidearm...started to drawdown on me.. I had mine out.. cocked..aimed.. while he was still shaking. He drove onto MY PRIVATE PROPERTY didn't tell me who he was.. he was staring down a 40cal pistol w/ 9 rnds.. one RTG and 8 still in the mag.
    Good thing his TO calmed him down..he overstepped his authority. The TO told him so and put him on report.
    He got fired a week later.
    Hated to do it... but he could have been hauled away on a body bag if he pulled that shit on anyone else from my house.. a 45cal makes a mess of a skull. That's what my son carries IWI 45

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Well you will need people like Kyle R. The kid that took out 2..3 attackers.
    I have bout 2500 to 3000 rounds of heavy ball 556 for my AR15.
    AND that is just a small portion of my ammo for various calibers here. Thread tools I fucking DARE anyone to challenge me.. i had a showdown with a rookie sheriff that came on my property.. he saw my sidearm...started to drawdown on me.. I had mine out.. cocked..aimed.. while he was still shaking. He drove onto MY PRIVATE PROPERTY didn't tell me who he was.. he was staring down a 40cal pistol w/ 9 rnds.. one RTG and 8 still in the mag.
    Good thing his TO calmed him down..he overstepped his authority. The TO told him so and put him on report.
    He got fired a week later.
    Hated to do it... but he could have been hauled away on a body bag if he pulled that shit on anyone else from my house.. a 45cal makes a mess of a skull. That's what my son carries IWI .45cal Jericho. my .40cals are a mix of Kahr CW/PM 40's and a HiPoint 40

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    2 - AR15 2000/3000 rnds heavy ball 90grn .. 4 - .40cal 1,000 rnds wad cutters (bluntnose).. 1 - .45cal 110grn 500rnds ... 1 - .380cal 500rnds.. 1 - 12ga Mossberg Security 88 1500 rnd mix of Slug/ 8 shot 00Buck .. 1 - 1943 Mosin Nagant 762x54r 800+ rnds heavy ball... 1 Marlin 60 22lr 2,000rnds mix FMJ/Hollow Point/round nose all 40grn 1 - .38cal AS WWII dad's service revolver 50rnds .. ALL fully legal and registered.

yes I LOVE my weapons.. train 2-3 times a week with pistols Target.. Run n Gun .. I have my own swinging targets.. stationary targets.. and a setup to hide n run n shoot.

this ol man IS prepared not only in weapons/ammo but food n water n gas stores , I've been prepping for about 30 years. yup even have a bug out shelter on my property.