Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    how to put a pdf in a thread?

Re: how to put a pdf in a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by M94 View Post
    I mean honestly I was being more sarcastic than truly trying to argue against using drive, it obviously works fine I just used flickr out of habit since it's what I used to do and it's a relatively easy setup that I can use soley for this type of thing. If you're more familiar/comfortable/used to using the drive functionality than by all means to each their own. I was just sharing my preferred method
    no problem i understand you , and i take it with humor... i donīt like clouds normally ... i would never ever use this for my personal data or for business..

have a nice day or evening :-)

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

C'mon guys there are numerous ways/sites to upload anything. Some of us prefer one some other.
    I use Google drive to share but not mine personal and don't mind any other working way.
    It's not constructive nor on topic anymore.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    C'mon guys there are numerous ways/sites to upload anything. Some of us prefer one some other.
    I use Google drive to share but not mine personal and don't mind any other working way.
    It's not constructive nor on topic anymore.
    We were still having a friendly discussion about the methods available for putting pdfs in a thread, not sure how that constitutes non constructive or off topic. It was a discussion with opinions still about the main point, although I agree the thread has essentially run it's course. If you care to discuss it further PM me but I just wanted to defend our 'on topic-ness'

Quote Originally Posted by M94 View Post
    We were still having a friendly discussion about the methods available for putting pdfs in a thread, not sure how that constitutes non constructive or off topic. It was a discussion with opinions still about the main point, although I agree the thread has essentially run it's course. If you care to discuss it further PM me but I just wanted to defend our 'on topic-ness'
    Lol, not wanted to sound offending or something
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    where you send email :-) i donīt get one until now....

what have the work related email to do with a fake emailadress to use free google drive for exchange anything?
    If you used a work related email, e.i. one provided by your employer, I would advise that you change now while you can. If you change jobs or your current employer closes you may lose access to that email account. If you lose access then you won't be able to reply to the confirmation email sent to that account when you change the address you are using.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Most pdf files can easily be attached using the builtin file attachment utility as long as the file does not exceed 38.15MB in size, that is larger than many service manuals. Most images file have a much smaller size allowance, 976.6KB and must be no larger than 620X280. I think that it is the 620X280 that creates the problem for most people in that many image fie out on the web are larger than that and they do not have an image editing software to adjust the size with.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Most pdf files can easily be attached using the builtin file attachment utility as long as the file does not exceed 38.15MB in size, that is larger than many service manuals. Most images file have a much smaller size allowance, 976.6KB and must be no larger than 620X280. I think that it is the 620X280 that creates the problem for most people in that many image fie out on the web are larger than that and they do not have an image editing software to adjust the size with.
    For images I like IrfanView use it often to crop image when uploading at CTN. Very simple yet useful program.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

For images I like IrfanView use it often to crop image when uploading at CTN. Very simple yet useful program.
    You can also use it to adjust the size, Image - Resize/Resample, to meet the 640X280 requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You can also use it to adjust the size, Image - Resize/Resample, to meet the 640X280 requirement.
    Correct

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

One of my all-time favorite (and useful) utilities!

One note on Irfanview: It's free for personal use, but not for business (Read the EULA). It's very inexpensive, but not free.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins