Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Weird highlighted text glitch?

This happens on multiple workstations and different browsers when writing a post:

If I double click on a word to replace it with a different word, I cannot replace the text--If I type, nothing happens--the highlighted text stays highlighted and nothing happens (this only happens with double clicking [mouse], if I scroll-select the text via mouse or control+shift, no problem).

If I double click with the mouse, I must click with the mouse to the side of the word I want to replace or press left/right arrow to reset the cursor.

This is not a big deal and just a habit thing....and just annoying and sometimes slightly confusing at times (hope I described this well).

Anyone else getting this?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: Weird highlighted text glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    This happens on multiple workstations and different browsers when writing a post:

If I double click on a word to replace it with a different word, I cannot replace the text--If I type, nothing happens--the highlighted text stays highlighted and nothing happens (this only happens with double clicking [mouse], if I scroll-select the text via mouse or control+shift, no problem).

If I double click with the mouse, I must click with the mouse to the side of the word I want to replace or press left/right arrow to reset the cursor.

This is not a big deal and just a habit thing....and just annoying and sometimes slightly confusing at times (hope I described this well).

Yes, this has been like this for while I agree can be a little annoying.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post

Not a big deal for me but it happens. There are some more important things we all know missing mainly lack of moderators, but it is what it is...sigh
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If you highlight a word it won't disappear by typing a new word. You must hit delete or backspace. First world problems.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

What browser are you using? I haven't had a problem with Firefox. I have however been having a problem with "Internal Server Error" today when trying to post a reply. If I try to reload it double posts. It I close the tab and reopen the thread the post is there.

I didn't see such glitches still. May be it is too early