First post - delay time

Hi,

Just joined a couple of days ago to ask about a Gestetner printer. When I made the post, I saw a message saying that it would need to be approved by a moderator before it was posted, so I'm just wondering if it's still waiting to be checked, or if it's been lost.

Thanks.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: First post - delay time

Afaik there's only one administrator here and it's summer time so delays may be expected.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    First post - delay time

Quote Originally Posted by crc_73 View Post
    Hi,

Just joined a couple of days ago to ask about a Gestetner printer. When I made the post, I saw a message saying that it would need to be approved by a moderator before it was posted, so I'm just wondering if it's still waiting to be checked, or if it's been lost.

Thanks.

Well this post of yours went through ok, when did you post the question?

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    First post - delay time

Did you properly reply to the welcome email that was sent to you. If not you will only be allowed to post in Site Feedback & Questions, Newbie Check In and Test Forum. If you have not received the welcome email, it may gone into your spam/junk. If it is there, add admin@copytechnet.com to your address book. Otherwise other notifications will also go to spam/junk. If the spam/junkfolder has been purged, you will have to change the email address in your profile in order to generate a new welcome/confirmation email to both the new and old address.

Otherwise posts to a tech forum will need to be approved by a moderator for that forum, which the present time there are no Moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Did you properly reply to the welcome email that was sent to you. If not you will only be allowed to post in Site Feedback & Questions, Newbie Check In and Test Forum. If you have not received the welcome email, it may gone into your spam/junk. If it is there, add admin@copytechnet.com to your address book. Otherwise other notifications will also go to spam/junk. If the spam/junkfolder has been purged, you will have to change the email address in your profile in order to generate a new welcome/confirmation email to both the new and old address.

Otherwise posts to a tech forum will need to be approved by a moderator for that forum, which the present time there are no Moderators.
    Yes, I got the e-mail and clicked on the link to complete the registration, and got the acknowledgment e-mail immediately saying thanks for registering; I probably wouldn't have been able to make the posts here if I didn't. Even got the automated private message from Aneurysm welcoming me to the forum.

Registered Tuesday morning, GMT, so posted the question maybe an hour or two after that.

If there are no moderators, how are posts made to tech forums? It looks like there is activity in the forums.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    First post - delay time

Try telling about you with an introduction post in Newbie Check In.

Technician

Same with me.

It seems "junior" members' threads in the tech forums must be approved. And no one is doing that now.
    I can reply to others' threads, just not start my own.
    Submitted a post for HP forum a couple days ago, still in Limbo.
    I did post in that forum in March when I joined, don't recall much if any delay.