Bizhub c284e physical format not working

bizhub c284e. so we used an old hdd from another printer with the same model and we did the physical format. however, the physical format would not show the ok button and it would stop at 100% and do nothing. pls help me out thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Bizhub c284e physical format not working

Quote Originally Posted by James0221 View Post
    bizhub c284e. so we used an old hdd from another printer with the same model and we did the physical format. however, the physical format would not show the ok button and it would stop at 100% and do nothing. pls help me out thanks
    Try a logical.

Can also clean the drive using CMD prompt like Konica want's you to do on USBs before firmware, just adapt the drive to your PC using a cheap adapter and open command prompt.

Type "Diskpart" then enter. "List Disk" then enter. "Select Disk #" then enter. "clean" then enter. "Convert GPT" then enter, "Convert MBR" then enter, "clean" then enter.

Bizhub will now think the drive is brand new and partition it. Works for the Storage Board issues too if boot diag shows its a software issue like being Read Only.

Quote Originally Posted by tmmdmmm View Post
    Try a logical.

Can also clean the drive using CMD prompt like Konica want's you to do on USBs before firmware, just adapt the drive to your PC using a cheap adapter and open command prompt.

Type "Diskpart" then enter. "List Disk" then enter. "Select Disk #" then enter. "clean" then enter. "Convert GPT" then enter, "Convert MBR" then enter, "clean" then enter.

Bizhub will now think the drive is brand new and partition it. Works for the Storage Board issues too if boot diag shows its a software issue like being Read Only.

thanks and do i need to use sata only or do i need 2 cables to connect the hdd to my computer. if i need 2, then where would i go get the cable cuz i only have the sata and the other power cable doesnt have any matching ports on my motherboard.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

thanks and do i need to use sata only or do i need 2 cables to connect the hdd to my computer. if i need 2, then where would i go get the cable cuz i only have the sata and the other power cable doesnt have any matching ports on my motherboard.
    Both are technically Sata, so I'm just going to call them Data (small) and Power (large).

There are adapters that convert both Power and Data to USB. If you search "Sata to usb" on Amazon the entire first page handles both for between $10 and $30.

If you wanted to plug it into the internal right now, Data would go to your motherboard and power to Power Supply.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Sorry, can't help on the HDD formatting problem, but I'd suggest you put this question over in the KM forum, where people who can help would be more likely to see it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

The Site feedback & Questions forum is not for equipment problems. To be seen by the top Bizhub techs here, post your problem in the Konica Minolta forum.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The Site feedback & Questions forum is not for equipment problems. To be seen by the top Bizhub techs here, post your problem in the Konica Minolta forum.
    In fact it was seen(and answered) at least from one of them, but you and JK are absolutely correct where this thread should belong. Imho that may be part of work missing moderators can do easily. Nevertheless Aneurysm do wonderful job for one man.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.