Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Lost Konica Minolta forum subscription

Some time ago I stopped getting notices from the Konica Minolta forum. (I still get the "Site Feedback" and "Other Copier Brands" emails, so this is just something about the Konica Minolta forum.)

I went to the forum page, Forum Tools, tried unsubscribing, then subscribing again, but still get no emails. It currently thinks I am subscribed, and gives an option to "Unsubscribe from this Forum", but I get no forum notices.

So I sent a PM to Aneurysm asking to check what's wrong, and waited. For months. I just tried again, and realized that my PM does not show up in the "Sent Items" folder, so I'm probably doing something wrong. So now I have TWO questions:
    1. What might have caused the problem with the Konica Minolta subscription?
    2. What is the best way to get in touch with Aneurysm? -- or is there a better way to manage a site problem?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Lost Konica Minolta forum subscription

This post is the right course of action.

Aneurysm will tend to now that it is recorded on the Site Feedback Forum. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Until recently it seemed that all email notifications on subscribed threads had quit working, Then they suddenly started again.

To my knowledge subscriptions are based on threads not forums. When you reply to a thread, you are subscribed to that thread until you unsubscribe. Looking at the latest posts on your profile, it doesn't show you having posted to any threads in the Konica Minolta forum for about 4 months and none of those thread have had other replies in the same time frame.

If you want to see new posts in any forum, you have to logon and open that forum.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    ... To my knowledge subscriptions are based on threads not forums. When you reply to a thread, you are subscribed to that thread until you unsubscribe. ... If you want to see new posts in any forum, you have to logon and open that forum.
    I don't think that's accurate (though maybe it is now true for Konica Minolta only, or for some forums and not others?).

Once upon a time, I got a daily summary of threads (new and updated) for each subscribed forum. I still get them for Site Feedback and Other Copier Brands, but no longer for Konica Minolta (and have not for a long time). How did you first see this thread? - wasn't it in an email summary for the Site Feedback forum?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Kaufmann View Post
    I don't think that's accurate (though maybe it is now true for Konica Minolta only, or for some forums and not others?).

Once upon a time, I got a daily summary of threads (new and updated) for each subscribed forum. I still get them for Site Feedback and Other Copier Brands, but no longer for Konica Minolta (and have not for a long time). How did you first see this thread? - wasn't it in an email summary for the Site Feedback forum?
    When I connect to the Forums page, I look look at the System Forums to see if the Last Post shows a time stamp after the previous time I was there.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    When I connect to the Forums page, I look look at the System Forums to see if the Last Post shows a time stamp after the previous time I was there.
    Then that would mean:
    • (a) knowing your last login time [you're more organized than I am to manage that]; then
    • (b) logging in and checking for posts since that last time.

I'm lucky to look once a day on threads where I'm not contributing, and I'd bet a large number of people are like that, so that daily email digest of threads is a time-saving way to keep track of threads, both new and ongoing. So, yes, subscriptions to that daily digest are per-forum, not per thread; that's the meaning of "Subscribe" under the Forum Tools menu. I think when you refer to subscription per thread, you are talking about the immediate email to all participants when a thread is updated, while I use subscription in the forum sense, to refer to the daily digest -- which I no longer get for the Konica Minolta forum.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I don't know but maybe you use a mobile device and there are a whole different set of options than I have on my laptop to compensate for not having the ability load items in tabs and move through them. What I can access but seldom use are What's New? and Copytechnet Home which both list the latest posts starting with the most recent. What's New is probably the most useful as it has More Activity at the bottom. On Home you only get the last 20 posts.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

I never ever used email notifications here. In fact I don't know even with which of mine emails I'm registered here 😂
    New posts in threads I replied are under Settings tab and forums I visit mostly are few so no problems to me.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.