spammers

Re: spammers

This is me if made a site administrator.....just sayin'

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    spammers

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    This is me if made a site administrator.....just sayin'

I'll remember that if I can ever get a hold of Aneurysm.

Administrator 500+ Posts Aneurysm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I'll remember that if I can ever get a hold of Aneurysm.
    I had to take a short hiatus but I'm back and let me just say, Holy shit there's a ton of spam to clean up. Besides the "usual" spam, some crypto fuck went though the trouble of creating 50+ accounts so they could post the same spam message 100's of times along with a bunch of PMs and other random stuff. just about all of them got stuck in the moderation queue but since it's in so many places from so many different users I can't use a bulk delete to kill them. What a pain in the ass. I'm looking at a few new spam prevention tools so hopefully we can slow it down a little bit.
    --
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    spammers

Quote Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
    I had to take a short hiatus but I'm back and let me just say, Holy shit there's a ton of spam to clean up. Besides the "usual" spam, some crypto fuck went though the trouble of creating 50+ accounts so they could post the same spam message 100's of times along with a bunch of PMs and other random stuff. just about all of them got stuck in the moderation queue but since it's in so many places from so many different users I can't use a bulk delete to kill them. What a pain in the ass. I'm looking at a few new spam prevention tools so hopefully we can slow it down a little bit.
    For the ones from various what appear to be old accounts referencing crypt pumps, I did file a complaint with with Telegram. After a few weeks I haven't seen any new ones. Some of us were thinking those were hacked accounts.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    spammers

It look like you have pretty much cleaned out Rants, Raves and Everything Else. There is still a crap load in https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/c...al-discussion/

After awhile I figured that your Private Message folder and the admin email was most likely getting full.

Administrator 500+ Posts Aneurysm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    For the ones from various what appear to be old accounts referencing crypt pumps, I did file a complaint with with Telegram. After a few weeks I haven't seen any new ones. Some of us were thinking those were hacked accounts.
    I've been deleting shit for three hours now, some are on old accounts some are brand new all of it is nuts. We have some software we use and a verification service that blocks registrations from know spammers by looking at IP, usernames, email and other indicators and it is usually pretty effective but the past few weeks have been crazy.
    --
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    spammers

I've been deleting shit for three hours now, some are on old accounts some are brand new all of it is nuts. We have some software we use and a verification service that blocks registrations from know spammers by looking at IP, usernames, email and other indicators and it is usually pretty effective but the past few weeks have been crazy.
    A few weeks after I filed the abuse complaint with Telegram the Crypto ones stopped,. Hell I was seeing multiple ones a day back in December.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Man, I'm so glad you're healthy and back!
    It's about time to point a few moderators of this site...there are some qualified volunteers available.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    spammers

Aneurysm, glad you are back and doing well.

Please consider the possibility assigning a couple of long time and reliable members to assist you in the administration of this site.

I am sure there are many here that are qualified and have the piratical experience needed and would volunteer their time to help.

Just a thought.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    spammers

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Aneurysm, glad you are back and doing well.

Please consider the possibility assigning a couple of long time and reliable members to assist you in the administration of this site.

I am sure there are many here that are qualified and have the piratical experience needed and would volunteer their time to help.

Just a thought.
    He was originally intending to back after the update to HTTPS and before the pandemic.