Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh IM Series touch replacement part

Good morning.

I'm looking into it, but so far the feeling I have is that if a touch panel breaks or stops working, you need to replace the entire assembly.

Can anyone confirm this to me, or tell me the correct part number just for the touch glass for the IMC300 (and others) series?

Thank you.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: Ricoh IM Series touch replacement part

You can still order the touch panel assy instead of an all new operation panel:

d0bq1516 - touch panel:ass'y

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post

You can still order the touch panel assy instead of an all new operation panel:

d0bq1516 - touch panel:ass'y
    Thanks for the tip. I've already looked into that, and also found the "18310003 - LCD:TFT:WSVGA-10.1:LED:MV", which appears to be the LCD, but I wonder if it has the touchscreen included (as with most or all new smartphones the LCD and the touch are glued together). I looked into the 3DPC and it appears to have two conectors (one for the LCD and the other for the touch, perhaps?)

EDIT: My colleague from the office solved the problem with the part number you gave, so thanks again. Still I'm still wondering if the LCD alone could fix it...
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I've already looked into that, and also found the "18310003 - LCD:TFT:WSVGA-10.1:LED:MV", which appears to be the LCD, but I wonder if it has the touchscreen included (as with most or all new smartphones the LCD and the touch are glued together). I looked into the 3DPC and it appears to have two conectors (one for the LCD and the other for the touch, perhaps?)

EDIT: My colleague from the office solved the problem with the part number you gave, so thanks again. Still I'm still wondering if the LCD alone could fix it...
    Coming from a background of working on cell phones I can say that even if one or the other CAN be replaced it isn't worth the extra hassle if you can purchase them together. Not sure exactly how applicable this is to copier panels but the added labor of seperating the two is almost never worth it on phones or tablets.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Good morning.

I'm looking into it, but so far the feeling I have is that if a touch panel breaks or stops working, you need to replace the entire assembly.

Can anyone confirm this to me, or tell me the correct part number just for the touch glass for the IMC300 (and others) series?

Thank you.
    The latest IMC parts manual has a break down of the individual parts.

However see attached below for the bulletin on the touch panel replacement part number.

SOP Touch Screen Parts.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M94 View Post
    Coming from a background of working on cell phones I can say that even if one or the other CAN be replaced it isn't worth the extra hassle if you can purchase them together. Not sure exactly how applicable this is to copier panels but the added labor of seperating the two is almost never worth it on phones or tablets.
    A little over 11 years ago Ricoh discovered a production problem with their existing touch panels and sent out replacement panels to branches and dealers based on their number of machines ordered that had the potentially problematic panels. The touch panels were not held onto the front of the LCD panel by any type of adhesive. They just lifted off.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    A little over 11 years ago Ricoh discovered a production problem with their existing touch panels and sent out replacement panels to branches and dealers based on their number of machines ordered that had the potentially problematic panels. The touch panels were not held onto the front of the LCD panel by any type of adhesive. They just lifted off.
    Wow, slim you're still a helluva tech! Makes me wonder how good I can get with age
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.