Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

PN-L651H Aquos Board

We have a PN-L651H Aquos Board that was warranty replaced. We were told to trash the old board. We thought it might be nice to hang on our wall here at the shop if we could fix it.
    They seem to be very tight with part numbers on the Aquos Boards. We need a power supply, but I can't find a parts manual on IDNC or anywhere else.
    Can anyone help me with a parts list, or at least the part number for the power supply?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Re: PN-L651H Aquos Board

You may have to wait for a used power supply to become available on eBay.

I've looked for service/parts manuals for Aquos boards before and found nothing with our login in.

If the part is availabe and someone could provide the number I think you could order it. In the old days when Sharp had their own parts warehouse a copier dealer could order almost any part, even parts for consumer products like vacuums and microwaves if they knew the part#.

Have you removed the power supply board to check for a part number on it?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Yes. We have the power supply out, but the numbering on it is nothing like a Sharp part number, and if you try to look it up by that number you get nothing. The Aquos side of Sharp will not give us a part number, and we had to kinda skirt around them to even get a service manual. I did find a PN-L751H power supply on ebay, but unfortunately it is different.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    PN-L651H Aquos Board

Quote Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
    Yes. We have the power supply out, but the numbering on it is nothing like a Sharp part number, and if you try to look it up by that number you get nothing. The Aquos side of Sharp will not give us a part number, and we had to kinda skirt around them to even get a service manual. I did find a PN-L751H power supply on ebay, but unfortunately it is different.
    man can't believe no one suggested this yet,, have you called https://www.hytecrepair.com/

great folks..have three ways of getting boards repaired .. HDD's

have part #'s for just about anything electrical

I my be wrong but I think there is a different type of dealer that has more access to Aquos manuals and parts. I found this out when our dealership wasn't listed on the map when searching for an Aquos dealer by zip code. What popped up were dealers I had never even heard of that were nearby. Most were audio/visual companies. I asked our Sharp rep and he briefly explained why that was the case. We eventually got it fixed on SharpUSA. I think copiers and Aquos fall under two different divisions in the US even though copier dealers are able to sell them. For Aquos there are also authorized dealers and authorized resellers. You would think a dealer would have full access to service support documentation and parts.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

We did contact Hytec.....they said it wasn't in their repertoire. I hadn't thought to see if there were other authorized Aquos dealers in our area. I'll check, but my optimism on this whole thing is shot.

You might call Allstar TV Shop and see if they do board level repairs. I would think a power supply for an Aquos Board may have the same components as an Aquos TV.