Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MP C4504 Driven Roller Part

Hey all…this forum saved me big time this week. Found out I have the wrong driven roller on my ‘04s. I’m using the flat one that is necessary for internal finishers and not the larger one for a normal input tray. Now my issue is finding the part, I have this part number “D241-4950” but can’t tell if that’s the flat one or the more bulbous one which is what I need cause all the places don’t show a photo with the item.

Is that the correct one? Any links to where I can buy this? I’ve only found them on precision roller.

much thanks

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP C4504 Driven Roller Part

Re: MP C4504 Driven Roller Part

According to the Parts catalog for the BU3070, you're looking for P/N: B241-4953.

Bridge Unit 3070 Parts.pdf

I only have a couple of the '04 series out, and only 1 with a finisher (thankfully),
    The finisher was added to the machine by my wholesaler, and the exit rollers were not swapped -because WHO knew that was a thing, since it NEVER was before, and why would they design the bridge unit to require the exit rollers be swapped anyway??!! ....but I digress
    Anyway, shortly after I delivered the unit, they started calling about jamming at the bridge unit.
    Needless to say, it took me a while to sort out the reason , and my wholesaler was very surprised too!

EDIT: , Sorry I misread your post. The P/N I gave is for the flat ones required for the Bridge unit, so your P/N should be correct.
    I guess I just saw 'exit rollers' and "finishers", and it brought back some bad memories.
    Sorry about that

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MP C4504 Driven Roller Part

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    According to the Parts catalog for the BU3070, you're looking for P/N: B241-4953.

Bridge Unit 3070 Parts.pdf

I only have a couple of the '04 series out, and only 1 with a finisher (thankfully),
    The finisher was added to the machine by my wholesaler, and the exit rollers were not swapped -because WHO knew that was a thing, since it NEVER was before, and why would they design the bridge unit to require the exit rollers be swapped anyway??!! ....but I digress
    Anyway, shortly after I delivered the unit, they started calling about jamming at the bridge unit.
    Needless to say, it took me a while to sort out the reason , and my wholesaler was very surprised too!

EDIT: , Sorry I misread your post. The P/N I gave is for the flat ones required for the Bridge unit, so your P/N should be correct.
    I guess I just saw 'exit rollers' and "finishers", and it brought back some bad memories.
    Sorry about that
    Haha no I understand your frustration! Same thing here but in reverse! Non-stop calls about curling and I kept blaming the paper and humidity (not that that won't help) . But as soon as I swapped that unit out I immediately saw how it exited differently and knew that was my issue.

Ok thank you, I ordered them and hopefully they are correct because I have about 10 in the field that need them.