Where to source Ricoh supplies and parts for an MP-C3003?

Hi,

Almost 2 years ago, I bought a (new to me) Ricoh MP-C3003. It had a little over 600k on the counter, but less than 20k color, and the price was good, so I took it. I cleaned it as well as I could, and it has been running flawlessly. I love this machine, perhaps a little too much.

So after buying options off of eBay (internal finisher, punch, PS card, OCR card, etc.), now the time has come to hoard supplies. I’ve already got a full set of genuine toners and a new black developer. A black drum is still the last part on my wish list, but seems to be very hard to find.

Question: How long does Ricoh usually sell parts and supplies for their printers? This printer seems to be introduced in 2015, and it seems ridiculous to me that they’ve already stopped selling parts, let alone supplies. Or is there a secret source I do not know about?

Thank you in advance for your knowledge!

Technician

Re: Where to source Ricoh supplies and parts for an MP-C3003?

HI
    I have all parts oem for those models Send me mail what do you want to buy :andrzej@kserograf.com.pl
    regards

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Precision Roller or Katun

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Precision Roller or Katun
    genuine only

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

I think the Metis was introduced 2013 - I wouldn't hoard anything fancy since you can still get all PM parts + consumables without any issues both OEM and aftermarket.
    You might not find a lot online though - at least not without digging deeper, since many PM parts like drum, fuser are actually spare parts and not consumables
    you can find at every corner like Kyo's "MK" maintanance kits.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I do believe that at least in the US the manufactures are required to support devices for a cretin amount of years after the device goes out of production. After that, what they have in stock for the device is what they sell until they don't have anymore or until its too much trouble to keep around really old parts. I think I heard this from an instructor at one of the many factory schools I have been to over the years. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terramobil View Post
    The machine will be discontinued in December 2023. Until now, all parts and supplies are still available from Ricoh. This is guaranteed until the end of 2023. After that, certain parts will no longer be produced by Ricoh, but will be delivered if they are still available in stock.
    That would be unique parts. Mostly boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    I think the Metis was introduced 2013 - I wouldn't hoard anything fancy since you can still get all PM parts + consumables without any issues both OEM and aftermarket.
    You might not find a lot online though - at least not without digging deeper, since many PM parts like drum, fuser are actually spare parts and not consumables
    you can find at every corner like Kyo's "MK" maintanance kits.
    Launch date July 17, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I do believe that at least in the US the manufactures are required to support devices for a cretin amount of years after the device goes out of production. After that, what they have in stock for the device is what they sell until they don't have anymore or until its too much trouble to keep around really old parts. I think I heard this from an instructor at one of the many factory schools I have been to over the years. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    If I remember correctly it is 7 years on parts, components and assemblies made in the USA, unless the manufacturer goes belly up. the 04s replaced the 03s and were launched in May 2016.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post

If I remember correctly it is 7 years on parts, components and assemblies made in the USA, unless the manufacturer goes belly up. the 04s replaced the 03s and were launched in May 2016.
    Ricoh is seven years for parts after end of sale. If there are common parts with a later model then you can likely stretch that out even more.