Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon iradv dx c5860i reader vertical position sensor

Hi, hope someone can help. I am in the UK and have a customer that only uses American size paper. THe copier has been setup to use both AB/ INCH settings. When they scan ltr-r off the glass it shows up as LGL. This is because the european machines only have 1 vertical position sensor (PS104) due to metric sizes. In the service manual it shows an additional sensor for AB/inch settings. Does any one have a part number for the second sensor (PS105), the cable and holder for the sensor?
    THe UK parts catologue only shows ps104 using a 3 wire cable to j110 on the reader board. The circuit diagram shows that j110 is a six pin connector with 3 unused pins with the correct outputs for a second sensor. Is there a six wire cable to two 3 pin connectors for the second sensor available? Is there a seperate holder for the second sensor, or is it 1 piece of plastic that holds both sensors? if so what is the part number? thanks in advance.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Canon iradv dx c5860i reader vertical position sensor

From what I can see (I have the same model machine in the US) there are two possible positions to place that sensor, and mine is in the right-hand side position. Could it be that for the US machines the sensor is just moved to the right, and for UK/EU the sensor is moved to the left? I don't have all the technical documentation.

By the way I'm pretty sure I know the customer in UK you are referring to, he is a friend and co-worker of mine and I've been trying to help him figure this out too. I came to this forum to try to find something, and your question post came up.

I took a picture of a machine I have, and he took a picture of his and sent it to me, and they are below for comparison. You can see the sensor of the UK version is moved to the left position, where the sensor of the US version is moved to the right position.

As to your questions of part numbers, I don't have the answers, but I know folks in Canon USA who could answer those questions. I can call them on Monday if that would help.

US (mine)

US copier scanner sensor position.jpg

UK (his)

UK copier scanner sensor position.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help, Really appreciate the photo's. I will check to see if the customer is only going to scan inch size paper. If so I can hopefully just move the sensor. If they want to be able to scan inch and metric sizes (ltrr and A4r), I think I will need sensors in both positions (ps104, ps105).

Just a quick update, I have manage to get in front of a machine now, and I can see that the sensor slides along a rail between position 1 and 2. you can move it between positions without removing the copy glass. If the small cover where the scanner lock tools are stored is removed, you can slide the sensor long between the two points. Canon have just confirmed that there is no second sensor available for the european market. Thanks for your help!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Glad to hear that macuk.

Should be a relatively easy fix for the customer in that case.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I was told that you were able to fix it. That's great! If you have any additional info you can share, that would be helpful. I'm sure this won't be the first time that someone will want to do this.