Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

directional feed rollers

Does anybody have any documentation from HP or otherwise from a company not a tech which direction a feed roller should turn, for a copier or printer? I have a complaint in to a company that we get supplies from. It drives me nuts that we get kits with the feed rollers on backwards. For those of you who dont know what I am talking about, feed rollers have a feathering on them and are made to turn only one way. If you look at a feed roller by holding it up a little above eye level you will see either a smoother side than the other. One side you will see the feathering and when you turn it around and look at it again at the same height etc you will not see the feathering. I am saying that if you see the feathering as you are looking directly at it, that tells me that it turns clockwise to be proper. you never install a feed roller to turn counterclockwise if when you look at it and see the feathering. This is hoe you determine the proper rotation of the feed roller.
    Now for those of you who know... have you seen any documentation on this. I think I saw something in a Canon training class one time in a manual. I need something that will prove that I am right to send to the company so they will start sending out kits that have rollers with the rubber installed on the hubs properly. I am not going to mention the company here that is supplying the kits. Might not be the right thing the proper thing to do. I just want to get the problem resolved for everybody. I tried once before, but all I got was "I was the only one having problems". So what...That doesn't make it right!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    directional feed rollers

Re: directional feed rollers

I've never seen anything official, but here's a really crude drawing in Paint. Does it help?

Tire direction.JPG

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    directional feed rollers

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I've never seen anything official, but here's a really crude drawing in Paint. Does it help?

Tire direction.JPG

=^..^=
    That's pretty much how the Ricoh's tread goes.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    directional feed rollers

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    That's pretty much how the Ricoh's tread goes.
    Same with Sharp, but I think the new neoprene rollers don't really have that "thread" as the rubber rollers have.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

exactly what I am saying. Your drawing is in agreement with what I am saying. They are all the same for all machines. There is suppose to be a vacuum created with the feathering to adhere to the paper. These are coming backwards from a well known suppler. on the hp 4000 and 4100 kits. The hp 4100 kit I opened today has now a different core with a fat a?s piece of rubber on it where the 4000 rollers are pretty thin. I have been removing them and turning them around. But today I got ticked when I had to try and turn the big thick rollers around. whats even funnier is they switched styles and its still wrong. I bet they are trying to figure out why they have so many failures so they are trying a newer style to try and correct it, when all they need to do is flip them end for end. For the most part I quit using those pyles of junk feed rollers anyway. You know what really works good for me are the rm1-0037-020 rollers. nice small feathered tread, and they are a little bit soft as there is a sponge portion next to the hub but rubber on the outside like normal. Just a great all around feed tire. The ones with the aggressive feathered tread rm1-0037 whatever they are junk dont work very well they are just ok but I wouldnt trust them, I have problems with them. even so they work quite well over the original rollers for the 4000 machines.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

FYI, it's call "The NAP"
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    directional feed rollers

Bearing Rollers is best for electric motor, roller product and vehicle.
    WTF?

Hans

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

scammer trying to get you to click on the links. has nothing to do with anything here. The electric thing in the forum three up from this post.