Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Exclamation toner lines in transfer belt unit TOSHIBA e-STUDIO 2050C error CE20

Hi, I have a problem with my toshiba e studio 2050c.

It have the error CE20 and I realise that it is related with the transfer belt unit because it has a strange toner lines on the belt and on the prints also.

The problem also it is related with the waste toner box which has been empty by hand many times and it΄s probably broke and the residual toner finished inside the machine.

Now I've changed the waste toner box with a new one but the belt it's dirty. you can see in this picture:

IMG-20180425-WA0000.jpg

I'm going to take out the transfer belt unit and clean the image quality sensors and also the belt following the "service manual"

Do you recommend to clean something else?

Regrads!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: toner lines in transfer belt unit TOSHIBA e-STUDIO 2050C error CE20

I will check is the transfer belt cleaning unit, the auger spring always came out jamming the transfer belt unit due to harden toner inside the nozzle...
    Next, check whether the transfer belt can turn properly, the bushing on the belt unit will jam...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by didi2005 View Post
    I will check is the transfer belt cleaning unit, the auger spring always came out jamming the transfer belt unit due to harden toner inside the nozzle...
    Next, check whether the transfer belt can turn properly, the bushing on the belt unit will jam...
    Thanks for the reply,

I will check that, but the transfer belt is not jam, it can rotate without problems, the problem is that printed sheets came out with the same color pattern as the belt. I will clean the belt and the sensors on the Image quality control unit and also check that auger spring on the transfer belt cleaning unit. I hope it's just that.

then also I will perform the instructions on the service manual:

8.3.21 Image control related service call
    (1) Based on the procedure of [CE10], [CE20] and [CE40] described below, check the status and
    take appropriate actions. And then perform the forced performing of image quality closed-loop
    control according to the following procedure.
    1. While pressing [0] and [5] simultaneously, turn ON the power.
    2. Key in [2742], and then press the [START] button. Confirm that the image quality control has
    finished normally.
    (2) After confirming the items in (1), clear the abnormal detection counter of image quality control.
    1. While pressing [0] and [8] simultaneously, turn ON the power.
    2. Key in [2528], and then press the [START] button.
    3. Rewrite the displayed status counter from “1” - “16” to “0”, and then press the [OK] or
    [INTERRUPT] button.
    4. Key in [2529], and then press the [START] button.
    5. Rewrite the displayed status counter from “1” - “16” to “0”, and then press the [OK] or
    [INTERRUPT] button.
    6. Key in [2530], and then press the [START] button.
    7. Rewrite the displayed status counter from “1” - “16” to “0”, and then press the [OK] or
    [INTERRUPT] button.
    8. Key in [2531], and then press the [START] button.
    9. Rewrite the displayed status counter from “1” - “16” to “0”, and then press the [OK] or
    [INTERRUPT] button.
    10.Turn the power OFF and then back ON. Make sure that the equipment enters the normal ready
    state.

Any comment is welcome.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    toner lines in transfer belt unit TOSHIBA e-STUDIO 2050C error CE20

Quote Originally Posted by leonardom57 View Post
    Thanks for the reply,
    I will check that, but the transfer belt is not jam, it can rotate without problems, the problem is that printed sheets came out with the same color pattern as the belt. I will clean the belt and the sensors on the Image quality control unit and also check that auger spring on the transfer belt cleaning unit. I hope it's just that.
    then also I will perform the instructions on the service manual:
    8.3.21 Image control related service call
    (1) Based on the procedure of [CE10], [CE20] and [CE40] described below, check the status and
    take appropriate actions. And then perform the forced performing of image quality closed-loop
    control according to the following procedure.
    1. While pressing [0] and [5] simultaneously, turn ON the power.
    2. Key in [2742], and then press the [START] button. Confirm that the image quality control has
    finished normally.
    (2) After confirming the items in (1), clear the abnormal detection counter of image quality control.
    1. While pressing [0] and [8] simultaneously, turn ON the power.
    2. Key in [2528], and then press the [START] button.
    3. Rewrite the displayed status counter from “1” - “16” to “0”, and then press the [OK] or
    [INTERRUPT] button.
    4. Key in [2529], and then press the [START] button.
    5. Rewrite the displayed status counter from “1” - “16” to “0”, and then press the [OK] or
    [INTERRUPT] button.
    6. Key in [2530], and then press the [START] button.
    7. Rewrite the displayed status counter from “1” - “16” to “0”, and then press the [OK] or
    [INTERRUPT] button.
    8. Key in [2531], and then press the [START] button.
    9. Rewrite the displayed status counter from “1” - “16” to “0”, and then press the [OK] or
    [INTERRUPT] button.
    10.Turn the power OFF and then back ON. Make sure that the equipment enters the normal ready
    state.
    Any comment is welcome.
    your problem IS NOT settings in the machine.. you have a BELT CLEANER PROBLEM. change belt cleaner or empty waste in there... clean and powder the cleaning blade.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    your problem IS NOT settings in the machine.. you have a BELT CLEANER PROBLEM. change belt cleaner or empty waste in there... clean and powder the cleaning blade.
    Ditto that. Since those patches are so nice and clear I'm thinking that you either have no transfer cleaning unit at all or it's seized solid and the gears broken. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Ditto that. Since those patches are so nice and clear I'm thinking that you either have no transfer cleaning unit at all or it's seized solid and the gears broken. =^..^=
    yes, you were right. the auger spring came out and there were small pieces of harden toner in the clean unit, fortunatelly there was not broken gears, I cleaned and powdered the cleaning unit and I also cleaned waste toner over the yellow developer unit which it's the closest to the cleaning unit. I could only do that because I did not have much time

But there is something that I couldn't understand,
    Why were these color patterns formed on the belt?

I mean If it was only a cleaning problem, the belt should be uniformly dirty but it has those lines of colors as the image shows.

regards.

yes, you were right. the auger spring came out and there were small pieces of harden toner in the clean unit, fortunatelly there was not broken gears, I cleaned and powdered the cleaning unit and I also cleaned waste toner over the yellow developer unit which it's the closest to the cleaning unit. I could only do that because I did not have much time

But there is something that I couldn't understand,
    Why were these color patterns formed on the belt?

I mean If it was only a cleaning problem, the belt should be uniformly dirty but it has those lines of colors as the image shows.

regards.
    those patterns are put on the belt for color density detection/adjustment. normal.

Technician

those patterns are put on the belt for color density detection/adjustment. normal.
    So, should I remove the transfer belt unit and clean the belt or not?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

The primary transfer belt cleaning unit is designed to clean off these patches. The only reason that you might need to clean the primary transfer belt is if the cleaning unit is unable to remove the heavy layer of toner left from multiple patches. You can use alcohol, but any cleaner used on the primary transfer belt will leave a residue that takes anywhere from 50 to 200 prints for the cleaning blade to squeegee off. So it's preferable not to use a cleaner on the belt if at all possible. Run the machine to see if the cleaning unit will adequately clean the belt before using a cleaner.

You'll notice that there are two types of patches: There are the square blocks that determine the toner density and potential control settings. There are the "V" shaped marks along the front and rear edge to align the colors. It's completely normal. You just don't normally see these patches because they are formed between copied pages, or at the beginning or end of a print job, then cleaned off of the belt. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

So, should I remove the transfer belt unit and clean the belt or not?
    no need once you get the cleaning unit setup right