Toshiba e studio 257, error F101-1!

Good Morning,

I'm having troubles with a Toshiba e-studio 257. After a power surge the printer gets stuck on the error F101_1, i have the original install software T330ALL0W1281_USB.zip, from what i have found and read from the internet i believe this is a hard drive problem ( F101_1 is ADI HDD error, the root partition got corrupted unable to mount it).

I tried the following:

1. Perform [3C] - [5] (Key Backup Restore) and check that each Key Status is "OK".
    If not, recover the key (copy "SRAM Key Status" to "FROM Key Status" or vice versa).

===> The keys are ok.

2. Perform [3C] - [3] (Format HDD), and then install "System Software (HD data)" with [49] - [4].

===> I have formatted the disk and install the software and i still get F101_1.

3.If F101_1 occurs with ADI-HDD or the error persists after performing step 3, perform step 3 after performing [4]+[C]+[POWER]→1. Revert factory initial status HDD.

===> I still get F101_1.

IF problem come's back, you need to replace new HDD & update latest firmwares.

What procedure is needed to replace the HDD on this model? Can i replace it with a normal smaller sata HDD 250GB, right now i have ADI HDD sata 500GB.

Thanking you in advance and looking forward for your reply.
    King regards,
    Florin

Re: Toshiba e studio 257, error F101-1!

You need a HDD, Toshiba wipe technology.
    G0-00732000 is part number.

Replace hdd, perform clear & 3 then 3 format hdd
    Then clear & 3, 2 partition hdd

Installed firmware, after firmware is done. Reboot in 08,and push firmware 9030 and initialize. This can take up to 20 minutes to complete.

I airways calibrate the display after hdd replace, otherwise it will be a return call.

Hope this helps

Could you please explain in detail the part "Replace hdd, perform clear & 3 then 3 format hdd Then clear & 3, 2 partition hdd".
    Sorry i but i don't understand.

Also with the broken disk i tried to enter in [0] [8] + power after i reinstall the software. And it's not working i guess the disk is dead.

The funny part is i don't get any error when i install the software or when i format the disk.

Thanking you in advance and looking forward for your reply.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If u tried format hdd & update firmware, but the problem come back, then definitely the hdd need to replace...

U need ADI HDD (Wipe technology), follow your previous steps format hdd & update firmware, new firmware is auto initialize, or manual 08-9030, once everything is ok and machine is ready, remember to calibrate panel.

Do pm me if u want the new ADI HDD. TQ

Sorry for the late response, i have managed to fix the printer by replacing the hdd and i have reinstalled the firmware, now everything is working great!
    Thank you for helping me!

Post Toshiba Printer Error Code C440

Very nice topic you shared. Thank you for sharing with us.If you have any issue related Toshiba laptop then click here:
    Toshiba Printer Error Code C440

Hello,

can somebody send me firmware for e-studio257?
    We have error f101.

Thank you!