Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

Toshiba eStudio2830c

I purchased this eStudio2830c from one of my customers (a thrift store) for $100 to use at my home for my wife and daughter (school teachers) and myself for business use. It has been a fairly reliable box. Yesterday a note was left for me to FIX the copier. When I turned on the copier a CE40 code displayed. Other than how to turn the copier on add toner clean the main charger and a few other things I somewhat clueless with this machine. I have no manual. I did google the code and cleaned all the image units charge grids with the cleaners. The black unit's grid cleaner did not move as easily as the others. When I turned the copier off/on to reset the code another code C970 came up. I pulled the black image unit and the cyan unit out to inspect. I could not tell what the grid cleaner was hanging on (didn't have time as I don't now to disassemble the unit) and the drum had a black goo like substance on both ends more so on the rear end that did clean off however did not reset the code. As I said this copier is being used by me yet I don't want to put a lot in to repairing due to my finances.

My questions are:
    1) are the codes CE40 and C970 related???
    2) Is it the black image unit??? Can it be repaired???
    3) Is the copier not resetting due to bad unit/part or is there a reset procedure that has to be performed???
    Thanks!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Toshiba eStudio2830c

Re: Toshiba eStudio2830c

The two codes are probably related. Usually what happens is the rear corona block breaks and the charge comb becomes unattatched in the rear side causing those codes. since the black corona feels different it may be that one. Or usually the one with the problem,the drum would be covered in toner. Usually also you can see the comb is just laying inside the corona and not stretched tight.