Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

OkiData MB760 (E-studio 477S/527S)

I need the SPF scanner glass. All I can find is ST45484602 for the Flatbed Ass'y (Maintenance kit_TTEC?) Is this correct? Anyone have access to the part# for the scanner glass?

Thank you!

Re: OkiData MB760 (E-studio 477S/527S)

Nevermind. Found 4 year old thread: Scanner glass part # for REAL?

Any input though is still valued. Thank you.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

My input would be to install the machine just on the ledge on the roof top and hope it falls to it's death - this model has caused us more problems that it was worth.

Service Technician

The last poster is spot on.

These machines (347-577) series are the biggest pile of shit i have ever had the chance to work on. If its not the Image Units going faulty and seizing up, its the ID motor, if its not the motor, its the ITB/Waste combo doing weird shit, and if it isn't that, the fuser has probably broken itself into 5 billion pieces thats not if the duplex unit wasn't squeaking and squealing, and just forget about it if someone scratches the slit glass because fuck me, lets just make this entire unit one thing and glue the fucking thing together tighter than a fishes arse.

End Rant. I don't think highly of this model ... we did have to fix a scratched slit glass for a customer which involved getting a custom piece of glass cut, removing the scanner unit, cracking it open, removing the old glass and gluing the new glass on. Pain in the arse just for this but it was one of those "But i have a service contract right?" customer ....

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

"Toshshitbsa"need I say more?

RUN FOREST RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Service Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    "Toshshitbsa"need I say more?

RUN FOREST RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its actually not a Toshiba unit, but a re-branded Oki machine. Thats half the issue with these machines. 2 different service modes as well to add to the confusion.

The newer models 3555c + series actually arn't too bad. Sure they have their oddities ie Low exit noises and earlier models had HDD issues, but things seem solid in the new black range. Crosses fingers anyway

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The biggest issue with these and their color counterparts is that the engine is built for super super low volume home office but their speed and functionality got them all placed as segment 3/4/5 by the sales guys and the load of horse shit marketing spoon fed them.

They have some design issues...ADF is junk, fusers NEVER go their yield and the belt elevator design of toner movement/recycle in the imaging units is problematic at best, the frames are made from tin foil, there can be un-explainable communication breaks in the toshiba board to the oki engine board, they eat supplies like candy. Toner yield is low...None NONE of them we have out in the field under contract are in the black.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aethanite View Post
    Its actually not a Toshiba unit, but a re-branded Oki machine. Thats half the issue with these machines. 2 different service modes as well to add to the confusion.

The newer models 3555c + series actually arn't too bad. Sure they have their oddities ie Low exit noises and earlier models had HDD issues, but things seem solid in the new black range. Crosses fingers anyway
    in training on this it WAS a rebranded Tosh... like some of the color units also

Well... this was an interesting thread. I asked for assistance and all I got was "Dishonor on your machine, your mother and your cow". Lol.

We did quote them the scanner unit (PN# 45484601). Let's see what happens.

I don't mind OkiData to be honest, their Teriostar plotters are underated I think. That fuser's a beast though.

Thanks for all your responses. Let's pray to the copier God's that our client upgrades to a different make.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Maybe too late, but try PN# 45061702 FRAME ASSY (TOP) ...(just checked on BPX Okidata).We ordered quite a few of those...much cheaper than PN# 45484601.