Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Toshiba Cloud Connect

Toshiba Cloud Connect

Is anybody doing Toshiba Cloud Connect? Can you give an overview of how this gets set up? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Toshiba Cloud Connect

Re: Toshiba Cloud Connect

The procedure my vary via country but basically you have to contact Toshiba Tec National Service Dept and register the Serial #s of e5055C series - eBN2 copiers with them before they will be can be uploaded to the secure Microsoft Azure server on which eCloud Connect(ECC) resides. There may or may not be a minimal fee for each copier registered under this service. Toshiba would really like dealers to sample this great advance in remote copier service capabilities which can include remote firmware updates.

ECC is coupled with the free MFP Mobile Diagnostic Tool (MMDT) 2.0 for rapid analysis of the 03/ 05/08 codes that ECC pulls down from each copier via the Cloud at scheduled intervals.

As a Security feature ECC cannot contact a copier in the field other than at the exact time scheduled by the local ECC Administrator to upload/ download 03/05/08 data.

You also need to enable 08-3820-1 to turn on ECC on each copier that you plan to bring under this service.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Toshiba Cloud Connect

I don’t know much about how the machines get into cloud connect, but to use it:
    the web address is: Log On
    Use the email address associated with your FYI account for username and use your FYI password for the password.
    I had to take an e-learning course before I could login and use it. Now that “They” have upgraded the systems to Global One, not sure how anything works now about granting access. I guess you can log a call ticket and wait for the nice folks in India to ignore you.
    Good luck.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Toshiba Cloud Connect

Use it and love it.

You have to take the correct CBT's for cloud connect to be added as a user (I am our admin) - machine either are already added to your dealerships database or there is a link to have the machine added.

Is used to backup the machines info, backup the machines addressbook, pull down the CSV's and poke into MMDT2 which a awesome.
    I have policies running to alerts us about low/no toner and special customers can 'pay' for the added feature of monitoring error codes
    You can set it up to load firmware's, over ride or alter 05 and 08 codes (I have a group policy for all our setup stuff like fax programs, service contact and phone number, double clicks..etc)

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent128 View Post
    Use it and love it.

You have to take the correct CBT's for cloud connect to be added as a user (I am our admin) - machine either are already added to your dealerships database or there is a link to have the machine added.

Is used to backup the machines info, backup the machines addressbook, pull down the CSV's and poke into MMDT2 which a awesome.
    I have policies running to alerts us about low/no toner and special customers can 'pay' for the added feature of monitoring error codes
    You can set it up to load firmware's, over ride or alter 05 and 08 codes (I have a group policy for all our setup stuff like fax programs, service contact and phone number, double clicks..etc)
    This sounds awesome especially overriding/altering Service codes, I will use it if available.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Just a note to this: If you do have 3820 enabled and are working on the copier you should think about shutting it off temporarily because of the time it takes to run all it's internal processes when the copier has to reboot. You will end up doing a lot of waiting if you are changing 05 codes and the copier then has to reboot and then come back to ready.