Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Post toshiba 457 - 357 printing slow

hello! title might be misleading but here is the problem.

on a customer i installed a 357 copier but after some days they started to complain about speed issues on printing. i replaced with 457. but they still say its slow as death. on copy it prints at the speed it supposed to print both of the machines. but after some digging because customer never says the real problem i found this. even on print 1 file of 45 pages it prints on 1 minute as it supposed. but the problem is that they print batches of invoices that are 1 page each. like 100 single page files and there is the problem the machine is slow as f..k. it takes time from 1 file to the next to print

on the other hand they got some konica 4000p printers where they sent the same multiple single page files and they print at the exact same speed as it was 1 multipage file.

why is that and if there is any workaround. like any program that can get all the single page files, merge them to 1 multipage then sent it to toshiba.

thank you

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    toshiba 457 - 357 printing slow

Re: toshiba 457 - 357 printing slow

Have not really seen that sort of issue...

firmware level?
    what print driver?
    how is it set to spool?
    port ?
    OS?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: toshiba 457 - 357 printing slow

firmware level?
    the latest as of 2 weeks ago (dont remember the version but was the latest available on toshiba)

what print driver?
    tried both ps and pcl

how is it set to spool?
    tested all the possible ways

port ?
    ethernet, tried also from usb to exclude the network from the equation

OS?
    windows 7 and 10

has inner finisher, but tried without one too.

as i see here in our company this thing, is on all 6's and 7's toshibas. i tested it on 3 more machines. but on 5 series it works like it should, same speed on 1 multipage or 25 single jobs i.ex. at once.

you can try yourself if you got any. 1 file with 40 pages i.ex. it prints at top speed and if you sent 40 files with 1 page each, it "pauses" between jobs

customer got erp where he prints invoices in bulk but they spool 1 by 1. i want to know if there is a workaround since seems like a machine limitation, if i can make a bulk print from i.ex 10-20 files to merge and print as 1 multipage file