Need firmware for e-studio 3530c please

Hi, end user here, I have a scanning problem that my tech told me was a simple firmware update. The scans all have a blue fade in the middle. I've attached a picture for you to see. If it is firmware please help me with a link to download (I'm familiar with the procedure). I couldn't find it through Toshiba's site. If something else is going on please let me know. Printing and copying is fine. B/W scanning is fine.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    DOC092719-09272019112515-0001.jpg

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Need firmware for e-studio 3530c please

This may or may not be related to your machine. I have dealt with blue background toward the trail edge of scans from B/W Toshibas, but usually only on larger size paper (11x17). It was caused by people leaning on the unsupported corner of the scanner, causing it to be bent down slightly. Toshiba had a few bulletins about it, but no real fix other than replacing the entire scanner. Loosening the scanner mounting screws and trying to level it out was frustrating and only improved the scans a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by rspicer View Post
    This may or may not be related to your machine. I have dealt with blue background toward the trail edge of scans from B/W Toshibas, but usually only on larger size paper (11x17). It was caused by people leaning on the unsupported corner of the scanner, causing it to be bent down slightly. Toshiba had a few bulletins about it, but no real fix other than replacing the entire scanner. Loosening the scanner mounting screws and trying to level it out was frustrating and only improved the scans a little bit.

Thanks for that info I'll look into it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countachkid View Post
    Hi, end user here, I have a scanning problem that my tech told me was a simple firmware update. The scans all have a blue fade in the middle. I've attached a picture for you to see. If it is firmware please help me with a link to download (I'm familiar with the procedure). I couldn't find it through Toshiba's site. If something else is going on please let me know. Printing and copying is fine. B/W scanning is fine.
    Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    firmware - manuals - service updates ARE NOT available from ANY manufacturers website open to owners/end users.

those files are COPYRIGHTED and are NOT supposed to be in the general public's hands.

SOME techs might be willing to rish their job/business .. but that is a stupid move on their part.. since your 'tech' said to do it.. have HIM get you the files you require.

yes firmware upgrades are easy (most times) but if you don't follow the procedure STEP BY STEP you could brick your machine and it'll cost more to fix your FUBARS than if you just got a tech to do it right the first time.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Can you run the machine without toner? Toshiba is cutting off the toner.

My advice is to find another machine that you can support. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by rspicer View Post
    RADF height adjustment. Had the same problem on a 4540

Quote Originally Posted by tnrtt View Post
    RADF height adjustment. Had the same problem on a 4540

Thanks for the info.