Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Bridlington
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Toshiba E-Studio 2540c Developer Help

    Hi all,

    I have replenished the powdered developer resin in the black developer unit of this machine due to toner missing (diagonal stripes) across pages. Do I then need to calibrate the developer through the 05 then 200 (or 204) function?

    And how long should developer last for? Ive seen quotes of 44,000 pages but I suggest we are getting far less than that. Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Chief Twiddler 100+ Posts mckinley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Toshiba E-Studio 2540c Developer Help

    05 2404 to setup the black dev on a 2540c.
    You're dev is probably going too quickly because the erase lamps have failed. you can test them in 03 output mode, code 235 to turn on / off, you will need to remove the black unit and cheat the door switches
    Happiness Is The Road.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Bridlington
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Toshiba E-Studio 2540c Developer Help

    Quote Originally Posted by mckinley View Post
    05 2404 to setup the black dev on a 2540c.
    You're dev is probably going too quickly because the erase lamps have failed. you can test them in 03 output mode, code 235 to turn on / off, you will need to remove the black unit and cheat the door switches
    Thanks - is it a requirement to calibrate after replenishing the dev? And I assume the erase lamps are the strip of LEDs? Then yes, they are failing - looks like I will need to replace them.

  4. #4
    Chief Twiddler 100+ Posts mckinley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Toshiba E-Studio 2540c Developer Help

    I would calibrate yes, after the erase lamps have been replaced is extra important as the calibration will be out due to compensating for the issue
    Happiness Is The Road.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Bridlington
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Toshiba E-Studio 2540c Developer Help

    Quote Originally Posted by mckinley View Post
    I would calibrate yes, after the erase lamps have been replaced is extra important as the calibration will be out due to compensating for the issue
    Thanks - although I cannot seem to function any of the service codes. When I re-start in 05 or 08 modes, there is a A or D in the service code box (top left). I key in the 204 service code, but there is no way to press 'enter'? Green copy button just clears the code from the box. Any ideas?

    Ive functioned service codes before but dont recall having any problems. Thanks.

  6. #6
    Chief Twiddler 100+ Posts mckinley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Toshiba E-Studio 2540c Developer Help

    The codes are 4 digit on a 2540c, all codes changed with the EBX generation machines.
    05 mode is correct for dev setup etc... code to setup black dev is 2404.
    Happiness Is The Road.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Bridlington
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Toshiba E-Studio 2540c Developer Help

    Quote Originally Posted by mckinley View Post
    The codes are 4 digit on a 2540c, all codes changed with the EBX generation machines.
    05 mode is correct for dev setup etc... code to setup black dev is 2404.
    Apologies....mis-read your first post. Thanks, all done. Code 235 on 03 mode does nothing though, it does not seem to test the erase lamp outputs. I feel I should run some of the calibration test codes. Do you have a service manual?

    I will ask in the other thread too, thanks again for your help.

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Toshiba E-Studio 2540c Developer Help

    Blizzoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    east europe
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Toshiba E-Studio 2540c Developer Help

    Quote Originally Posted by jsands View Post
    Apologies....mis-read your first post. Thanks, all done. Code 235 on 03 mode does nothing though, it does not seem to test the erase lamp outputs. I feel I should run some of the calibration test codes. Do you have a service manual?

    I will ask in the other thread too, thanks again for your help.
    If you can't see any LED's light up for K Unit in 03 code 235 most probably the entire LED array is bad (seen this many times). Code 236 is to check for CMY LED's just to confirm if you test it properly.

    Replace ERS LED K and do the Dev change without toner cartridge inserted. Shut Down the machine and start again in 05 mode, perform 4719 and 2472. Make sure your optics are very clean to calibrate the gamma perform 05-3218 shading correction. Print test pattern for Copy adj. 600DPi with 4 & FAX - scan it back with code 7869; Print test pattern for Print 600DPi 70 & FAX then scan it back with code 8008, restart the machine.

    The developer on these machines, if properly serviced, can last 3 times of their life.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Bridlington
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Toshiba E-Studio 2540c Developer Help

    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzoo View Post
    If you can't see any LED's light up for K Unit in 03 code 235 most probably the entire LED array is bad (seen this many times). Code 236 is to check for CMY LED's just to confirm if you test it properly.

    Replace ERS LED K and do the Dev change without toner cartridge inserted. Shut Down the machine and start again in 05 mode, perform 4719 and 2472. Make sure your optics are very clean to calibrate the gamma perform 05-3218 shading correction. Print test pattern for Copy adj. 600DPi with 4 & FAX - scan it back with code 7869; Print test pattern for Print 600DPi 70 & FAX then scan it back with code 8008, restart the machine.

    The developer on these machines, if properly serviced, can last 3 times of their life.
    Thanks for your help Blizzoo - I tested the CMY erase lamps and they work ok, the K unit lamps have failed, Ive swapped the M & K to keep it going until I replace the K unit lamps. Also performed the remaining servicing (although code 2472 didnt seem to do anything) and I now have a black banding across the bottom of the prints:

    Toshiba.jpg

    Ive taken out the dev unit and cleaned the drum which had hardened developer on one edge, hopefully that will help. Ive seen it before, but it seems to clear itself up after a couple of days. Perhaps the drum needs replacing.

  10. #10
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Toshiba E-Studio 2540c Developer Help

    Blizzoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    east europe
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Toshiba E-Studio 2540c Developer Help

    Sorry, the code for IQC is 2742 and not 2472. Replace Drum and Cleaning Blade and clean charging or replace
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here