Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    E-Studio 233 & 282

E-Studio 233 & 282

I don't work on many Toshiba's. I look at it like what the hell, something different from Kon/Min. Dont get many calls on them and if slow I'll give it a shot. Worked on 2 older models 233 & 282 recently and must say the thing that jumped out at me was the solid fills. Crisp & clean! Great quality from a hybrid 282 that still had the T/S corona on side door. Anyway makes me think of some of the great B&W quality from those old analog machines. I know the Estudios are digital but it looked like the 282 was a model during transistion from analog to digital? Just guessing with the T/S "corona unit" instead of transfer roller on side door.

Working on them was easy for the tech on the 2 jobs I did, changed a broken paper tray lift gear on the 233 and paper feed roller kits on both trays for the 282.

Sorry just realized I posted in wrong forum should of been in rants & everything else.
    Last edited by copyman; 11-06-2019 at 03:22 AM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    E-Studio 233 & 282

Re: E-Studio 233 & 282

I hear about some of the solid fills on the older boxes.. many of the later Toshibas have lousy solid fill. You are looking at, what I consider to be, some of the best, old Toshibas out there. Which means, they were a MISTAKE...LOL. I had several of those e-Studio 282s go into the millions of pages... - OC

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    E-Studio 233 & 282

I totally agree. The 282/3s were great little machines. They were much more reliable than the eStudio 455 that replaced it.

Technician

I still have several of those machines out in the field but none on contract since thermistors can't be found. One of them has over 2 million and still going at a church. But alas they are old like we.