Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    e255SE no longer working with Gmail/O365 scan-to-email

Has anyone run into this issue recently? I have a customer with an e2505AC and an e255SE. They've both been working for months using an O365 email account for sending scans. But last week the e255SE stopped working. I've confirmed all settings are identical and that the e255SE is upgraded with the patch that came out for TLS issues several years ago. I also tried using Gmail with the same result. It always returns with an authentication error. I dusted off an e255SE in our warehouse and I get the same results at our location, so it's not a network environment issue. I'm wondering if there's been a security update for O365 and Gmail that no longer is supported by this machine? Anyone else seen this within the last few months? And before all the replies start: Yes, I know this machine is old. Yes, I know it's no longer supported by Toshiba. Yes, it was a piece of crap and I shouldn't be working on them anymore.

I'm just curious to hear if others have had the same issue so I can tell the customer I'm not making this up and that's it's time to upgrade.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: e255SE no longer working with Gmail/O365 scan-to-email

Quote Originally Posted by arnh79 View Post
    Has anyone run into this issue recently? I have a customer with an e2505AC and an e255SE. They've both been working for months using an O365 email account for sending scans. But last week the e255SE stopped working. I've confirmed all settings are identical and that the e255SE is upgraded with the patch that came out for TLS issues several years ago. I also tried using Gmail with the same result. It always returns with an authentication error. I dusted off an e255SE in our warehouse and I get the same results at our location, so it's not a network environment issue. I'm wondering if there's been a security update for O365 and Gmail that no longer is supported by this machine? Anyone else seen this within the last few months? And before all the replies start: Yes, I know this machine is old. Yes, I know it's no longer supported by Toshiba. Yes, it was a piece of crap and I shouldn't be working on them anymore.

I'm just curious to hear if others have had the same issue so I can tell the customer I'm not making this up and that's it's time to upgrade.
    bet the copier can only run SMB1

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks for the reply, Phil B. You are correct, it doesn't support SMB 2 or 3, but I was under the impression that limitation only applied to scanning to network folders? I didn't think SMB protocol was used for emails? We had lots of scan paths break a couple years ago with Windows 10 stopped supporting SMB1, but it didn't affect scan to email at that time. But you could be right, that's not my area of expertise.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Looks like your best bet in order to keep them alive is to upgrade the FW to the latest available.
    Not saying it will work, just what I will do.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.