Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ES 7516AC error C471

Re: ES 7516AC error C471

One of the Toshiba techs I use to chit-chat with on the TABS bulletin board, until they trashed it at the first of the year,
    gave me the name of a company they've been using for oil. The TABS oil always dries out.
    Shin-Etsu Silicone : Fluids
    I don't remember the part number, but I can get it if needed.
    I've been using it for the past couple months with good success. I'm also doubling the amount, that Toshiba usually uses.

One thing we've been doing, with all of the dried out fusers, is to force the super sleep mode. Most of our 85 series machines
    are in schools. They sit idle most of the time, so, to make sure they don't run all night, we set the super power saver to four
    hours in the 08 codes (you can only set them to 60 minutes in admin mode) 08-9112 to 21.
    If the machine sits for 4 hours, it goes to sleep, cutting the standby heating of the machine. Most of these machines they
    use as printers anyway, so by the time they send the print job, go to the teachers room where the machines usually are, it
    has already come out of sleep and printed the job anyway. Haven't had any complaints.
    Most of our dried out fusers were late summer/early last fall. With all of the schools shut down, most of the oil just evaporated
    I guess. That or the machines weren't powered off during the shutdown and just sat there running.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I have an eS8508A (basicly the same fuser) that has blown the thermostat (4) times. I put the power quality analyzer on the line but did not catch anything interesting. It usually goes for 6 weeks or more, and I didn't want to leave the analyzer sitting there for 6 weeks.

Phil: these film fusers use a thick silicone based oil (in this case OIL-965-100). We have seen cases of the inside of the sleeve drying out, taking out the fuser drive gears. That's why barber mentions using the oil generously.

I suspect power. =^..^=

ES 7516AC error C471

Fan speed and thermistor changes seem to be working?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Success with my machine, no re-occurrences. =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    ES 7516AC error C471

Another great video that I found.

Toshiba e-STUDIO 8508A, e-STUDIO 7506AC - FUSER UNIT full refurbishment

Toshiba e-STUDIO 8508A, e-STUDIO 7506AC - FUSER UNIT full refurbishment - YouTube

Senior Tech 250+ Posts barber782's Avatar

Mixture of firmware update and changing the thermistor and new holder etc. Never heard back after that. Also new type of oil we've been using.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

ES 7516AC error C471

Quote Originally Posted by barber782 View Post
    Mixture of firmware update and changing the thermistor and new holder etc. Never heard back after that. Also new type of oil we've been using.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
    A lot of the failed fusers (ripped up belts) we were seeing I think was out of habit. Most of our 85xx machines are in schools. Teachers HATE the energy saver/super sleep. We would leave the energy saver at 60 and disable super sleep. I think the supplied oil (which isn't enough) was evaporating out & the friction was just tearing them up. Since I switched to the Shin-Etu oil, and doubling the amount used, I haven't seen any dry/ripped up belts. We are still having some issues with fuses blowing & belts "melting", mostly on the non operator side of the belt. But, I think a lot of that is from the weak/failed core belt holder. Some would come back with what looks like a hot spot on one side or the other. Now that the supply chain is starting to catch up, maybe the combo of the new oil & new belt holder with the fan speed & fuser temperature settings mentioned here will start to knock down the service calls.
    The amount of calls we've had on this series of machines is NOT making them profitable.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

This issue was resolved in firmware version 1500 or higher that modifies some 08 codes related to temperature values, it was found due to variation in tolerance of the IH shield caused temperature to go out of the intended range.

There was also a BSI which I don't recall exactly that gave the values to change manually in earlier firmware versions.
    No, I will not send you Manuals, Software or your own little repair Genie to fix all your problems for you.

CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bryand View Post
    C471 has been a nightmare lately. Mostly the 85/75ppm machines. We have lowered the fuser temps with little success. Happens most often after a fuser rebuild. We have installed the new thermostat holders/covers, firmware etc. Thermostats have been on backorder for 4 weeks
    Toshiba fusers are garbage and especially the thermistors. It has nothing to do with any cut off thermostat or its harness/housing. Try replacing the thermistors. You cant clean them or you will ruin them.

ES 7516AC error C471

Since the release of TSB-2078 Rev.02, which changed the tension of the fuser belt holder, and increased the
    diameter of the mounting studs, our 471's have pretty much dropped. I started updating these around the
    first of December.
    When I rebuild them, I use a Sharpie to write the parts replaced and the date, along which type of lubrication
    oil (stock or Shin-Etzu) and the quantity. I've cut back on the oil and now use the stock amount of either
    Shin-Etzu or supplied oil (stock or Shin-Etzu). I have yet to have any of the fusers with the updated cores
    come back, so they've been in the field for around 5 months, which is a RECORD! Between the updates and
    the 1600 and above firmware, which changed the fuser temperatures, our problems are pretty much gone.
    (knock on wood).

Quote Originally Posted by copytech,mike View Post
    Toshiba fusers are garbage and especially the thermistors. It has nothing to do with any cut off thermostat or its harness/housing. Try replacing the thermistors. You cant clean them or you will ruin them.

can exchange service manual toshiba with me?. brother .(conmanhahohua69@gmail.com)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I've had no C471 errors on the updated cores, but I've seen 2 belts fail prematurely. one at about 400k, and one at 150k. I did just discover the toner build up on the top plate just before i saw the post here about it, so I believe with the increased pressure, a little extra care with the paper guides is advised.