Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Wavy envelopes on es3505ac

Re: Wavy envelopes on es3505ac

Ok, so I tried adjusting the temp up and down in service mode with no change (the same as thick 1, 2 and 3). Also, there is no cam adjustment for the fuser pressure position. If I could trick the machine into running them through short direction it would not be wavy but it turns out the machine is smarter than me! These machine run them fantastic (no creasing or jams) other than this! No solution....Hadster out!

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Just to follow up. The customer has a Ricoh SPc821dn that he normally runs these envelopes on and I found out he runs them through the short way thus no wave to envelope. The Toshiba will not allow you to do this so there is no fix other than putting something heavy on them after the fact. Side note- other than this minor problem the Toshiba does Very well with envelopes. I have run thousands of different sizes from #10's to manila folders with no jams or creasing!!!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

When you say wavy, are you referring to the physical envelope exiting the copier with hills and valleys.

I interpreted your original question as referring to the image quality as being somehow crooked.

No need to adjust the fuser temperature as that will effect all regular prints jobs in likely an undesired way.

Use the print driver settings for Thick 1 and Thick 2.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I have spent a lot of time attempting to make envelopes feed, without wrinkles. By far the biggest factor has been the individual batch of envelopes. Add to that, when the information you are given is incomplete or completely inaccurate, I can honestly say there are only a few things that I am sure of:

*square flap envelopes most often wrinkle less than triangle flap envelopes.
    *there is absolutely nothing that you can do to prevent the appearance of lighter transfer where there are multiple layers of paper.
    *you'll have better results with shorter stacks of envelopes than taller stacks of envelopes. The pickup roller presses down at the center leading edge and lifts up the corners at the front and rear leading edges. The shorter the stack of envelopes, the less air you have in the envelopes, and the less bowing of the stack.

I do not envy you. The moment you get this figured out to their satisfaction, they'll call you back the very next day to say: "you did so amazing on the standard COM10 envelope ... now we want to do 6 7/32" x 8 1/8" made of the brown paper bag stuff ..."

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=