Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    eStudio 255 noise, jams ... and more.

This was a fun one:

E010 jams at bite of the fuser rollers, and gear noise: seems simple, right? Fuser gear 20/29 worn at the gear 20 side ... usually because the pressure roller has flat spots. I head into the main drive and yes, gear 20/29 is looking pretty bad, and the drum drive shaft is very difficult to turn. With the new gear and the main drive cleaned and lubricated I'm not done (the main motor helical gear looks pretty bad too), but can proceed without the jamming ...

So it growls a bit (from the main motor), but warms up fine. I set it to 20 copies > Start. The first (4) pages come just fine, then it displays "WAIT." for 12 to 15 minutes, then I get another (4) pages, 12 to 15 minutes of "WAIT.", etc. If I let it proceed it would have taken over an hour to copy my 20 pages.

This is odd. While I'm thinking about all of this I decide to change out the flattened pressure roller. To my surprise, the e Studio 255 pressure roller doesn't fit, it's smaller than the pressure roller in the machine. Also odd.

I happen to have a scrap Loire fuser in the car, so I compare. My scrap eS355 fuser is identical to the fuser in my 255. So, somewhere along the way an e Studio 355 fuser got swapped into the e Studio 255, and it almost works. Well, it doesn't error out anyway.

What I believe is happening, is the 355 3-lamp fuser has the edge heater wired to a different pin, so instead of heating the edges when the temperature drops, it heats the center. The 255 fuser is a 2-lamp fuser.

I just thought that was interesting. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: eStudio 255 noise, jams ... and more.

Toshiba Tec Japan has discontinued all support for this product years ago. Time to put a bullet in the copier and tell the customer they need to upgrade to at least a used e257.