Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Parts for inventory?

Parts for inventory?

Being new to Toshiba.... I wanted to ask more experienced tech's what you would recommend for car stock on the newer EBN (es2505/5005 and es2515/5015) machine's besides the obvious....pm kits,feed tires. You know.... stuff that gets broken or supposed to last but doesn't! .
    Thanks for your help!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Parts for inventory?

To be honest the new EBN copiers are requiring so few parts as compared to older models I don't keep anything in my car stock except for the normal adf/dsdf and tray feeds. Early on I was keeping some of the front and rear exhaust fans as the early ones were noisy. The new EBN copiers are running well beyond their stated pm schedules also. The Toshiba dealer I work for has cut WAY back on parts ordering with the new series which is a good thing.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I would always Carry a HDD..Toshiba's always have hard drive problems.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Parts for inventory?

DEV-KIT-FC505K
    EPU-KIT-FC505CLR
    Color Developer Kit
    FR-KIT-FC505
    ROL-KIT-FC30-U
    KIT-ROL-3031
    Black Scorotron 6LK40587000
    Black Grid 6LJ06722000

If that 2515 is ran at high volume you'll most certainly need the black developer bearings, seals, augers, and gears (the same sort of things that failed on the 4555 developing unit. They look similar ... but the augers and gears are keyed differently.).

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I will echo the above, other than standard PM items the following are useful:

HDD: Gotten better with the newer series but Toshiba HDD's will fail if you even so much as sneeze at them.

Developer tank: Gears, augers, seals, bearings for when the developer eventually seizes. This fault I hate the most about the Weiss, often turns a 15min rebuild into a 1 hour nightmare, not unique to the K tank I've had multiple color tanks fail (or were leaking and close to failure).

Fans: One of the brands Toshiba are using for their fans has a manufacturing fault where the fan impeller is unbalanced, once enough dust is sucked inside it starts rattling like crazy and making a very loud noise. Toshiba fixed this by switching their exhaust fan to a better quality one, the problem is they still use the older crappy one in two other areas of the machine and they too are prone to this rattling noise. One is located inside a housing attached to the System board/power supply and the other is hidden behind the pillar that joins the scanner unit to the machine at the front.
    No, I will not send you Manuals, Software or your own little repair Genie to fix all your problems for you.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Parts for inventory?

I have looked at the pricing a few times and ..I think it might just be cheaper to buy the black dev unit as an entire replace unit when it locks up and asplodes .... The color units are ..well color developer for Toshiba is WAY to much for no good reason...reiterating that there are a few different parts vs the 05's and the 15's developer units...the 05's mag roller fit just fine in a 15 buuut its a different diameter and will dump.

Also if you do rebuild, order all the higher end parts. There is no difference in the dev speed, the high end gears and such just have bearings instead of bushings.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Parts for inventory?

One more note: The 4505AC and 4515AC tend to fill the developing unit duct with developer. When you tip the unit back and forth while vacuuming it out, that developer in the duct will collect around the toner sensor and cause C380 errors when stirring the new developer. While the developing unit is empty I pop off the bottom cover and vacuum out the duct.

I read somewhere that there are mods to prevent the developer filling the duct, but vacuuming does the trick. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=