Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

e-studio 2555c firmware

Hi everyone,

I replaced my 2555c HDD because it failed, but it fails to boot because it doesn't have the firmware.
    Could someone please provide a file?
    The options include a Reversing Automatic Document Feeder unit and a Fax Unit.
    If I replace my HDD, do I need all the following files? System firmware , Engine firmware , Scanner firmware , System software , PFC firmware , Reversing Automatic Document Feeder.

poteitoobf@gmail.com

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    e-studio 2555c firmware

Re: e-studio 2555c firmware

Did you replace the HDD with a Toshiba original SED-HDD? An off the shelf HDD will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Did you replace the HDD with a Toshiba original SED-HDD? An off the shelf HDD will not work.
    I replaced it with an ADI HDD of the same model.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    e-studio 2555c firmware

Yes, the reason that the other machine cannot read the data on the HDD is that it's encrypted. On this (and many other) Toshibas the firmware cannot be pre-loaded, it must be loaded from the recipient MFP. It's best to update all of the firmware files, since quite often the firmware on the rest of the MFP is at a different firmware level that you are loading.

There is one exception on the Loire series. There were two different CCDs available on the 455 series, and the machine might take the 3-line or 4-line CCD and it's accompanying firmware. For that specific model Toshiba wrote a firmware specifically lacking the scan firmware, and made the two types of scan firmware files available separately. The simplest solution on this model is to update every firmware file EXCEPT the scan firmware. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Yes, the reason that the other machine cannot read the data on the HDD is that it's encrypted. On this (and many other) Toshibas the firmware cannot be pre-loaded, it must be loaded from the recipient MFP. It's best to update all of the firmware files, since quite often the firmware on the rest of the MFP is at a different firmware level that you are loading.

There is one exception on the Loire series. There were two different CCDs available on the 455 series, and the machine might take the 3-line or 4-line CCD and it's accompanying firmware. For that specific model Toshiba wrote a firmware specifically lacking the scan firmware, and made the two types of scan firmware files available separately. The simplest solution on this model is to update every firmware file EXCEPT the scan firmware. =^..^=
    Thanks Black Cat for the replies.

When I replaced the HDD and started MFP, the error code F101_1 was displayed.
    Because of that, I confirmed whether all items became (OK) with Key Backup Restore of the item No. 5 of 3C mode according to the instruction of the service manual.
    I rebooted and got the same error again because there was no problem.
    So, I formatted HDD with No.3 of 3C mode according to the manual.
    I wish I could have noticed this before I did it, but I formatted it and erased the "System Software (HD data)".
    The error code F520 comes out even if I start it because I erased the system software. This error is described in the manual as not being able to be recovered, so it says that system software needs to be reinstalled.

It seems that it is only "System Software (HD data)" that needs to be reinstalled in the replacement of HDD when looking at the manual, but is it necessary to install others?

I didn't have any data for the installation, so I'm posting it here.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    e-studio 2555c firmware

Quote Originally Posted by poteitooo View Post
    Hi everyone,

I replaced my 2555c HDD because it failed, but it fails to boot because it doesn't have the firmware.
    Could someone please provide a file?
    The options include a Reversing Automatic Document Feeder unit and a Fax Unit.
    If I replace my HDD, do I need all the following files? System firmware , Engine firmware , Scanner firmware , System software , PFC firmware , Reversing Automatic Document Feeder.

poteitoobf@gmail.com
    Being a {end user} best if you get someone to do the job ie credited Toshiba service engineer this information is for engineer use only good luck and stay safe
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    e-studio 2555c firmware

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poteitooo View Post
    ... The error code F520 comes out even if I start it because I erased the system software. This error is described in the manual as not being able to be recovered, so it says that system software needs to be reinstalled.

It seems that it is only "System Software (HD data)" that needs to be reinstalled in the replacement of HDD when looking at the manual, but is it necessary to install others?

I didn't have any data for the installation, so I'm posting it here.
    If you have the manual, you have the full firmware installation procedure in section 11 of the service manual. Naturally, you won't be able to backup any data if the HDD is already crashed. What you don't have is the firmware files themselves, version 2191.

I'm sorry to say that I'm not going to provide them to you. Were I to give you firmware my private messaging box would pile up with requests for free firmware. I'm not here to give away firmware to you or anyone else.

I must agree with mga that loading firmware is best done by someone who knows what they're doing. You can easily make your machine unfixable. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

e-studio 2555c firmware

PM for firmware info
    Last edited by condorloco; 05-30-2020 at 10:54 PM.

Hello How are you my friends I hope you are fine and happy I want toshiba 2555cse firmware
    elshmly1661@gmail.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Red face Re: e-studio 2555c firmware

Quote Originally Posted by mohamed reda View Post
    Hello How are you my friends I hope you are fine and happy I want toshiba 2555cse firmware
    elshmly1661@gmail.com
    Please check the PM