Toshiba fc2330c firmware bricked?

Good morning all,

I have recently purchased a (sold as working) fc-2330c in great condition, however no matter what i do all i get is "firmware update failed". I have tried to enter 0+8 but i still get this message!

As you can imagine i am a bit upset as the seller is refusing help me out and now i have a very heavy paperweight

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Will i need to flash firware? (I assume the seller has bricked it somehow)
    Can someone supply firmware? (I have contributed to the forum in the hope that someone may be able to help! )

Thankyou in advance,
    Regard
    Mitch

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: Toshiba fc2330c firmware bricked?

It appears you are not a copier technician. You purchased a used copier that was discontinued by Toshiba in 2011 and is no longer supported by the manufacturer.

Your best bet is to hire a local Toshiba dealer to come onsite to fix the problem with your copier.

You will likely find it difficult to get a service contract on your copier as it is now too old to support.

In essence, you now own a very heavy paperweight and should just move on to a current model with local support.

I have worked as an assistant to a system admin and tech for a few years in my past. I have used this forum many times for reference when working on various copiers... that is all in the past for me, i was hoping that i would be able to find some help here for this personal problem/machine. After all that is what i thought a forum is for..

Thankyou for you help...

Technician

Not sure if it helps, but you can find the service manual via google. (not sure if I can post the link in here lol). It does appear to be in the service manual and have the steps you need. From there I would surmise you will need to get a copy of the firmware and re-image the machine. So there is hope!

Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    Not sure if it helps, but you can find the service manual via google. (not sure if I can post the link in here lol). It does appear to be in the service manual and have the steps you need. From there I would surmise you will need to get a copy of the firmware and re-image the machine. So there is hope!
    Thanks mate,

I have got a service manual, i just need to chase down some firmware now hahah

Cheers for the helpful reply

Regards
    M