Technician
    Toshiba 5055C Firmware

Toshiba 5055C Firmware

Hi,

I recently had a hard disk die on a 5055C Toshiba Copier. I do have a copy of the service manual so I believe I can follow the steps to replace the hard disk and restore the firmware. However I am not sure were I can find a copy of the firmware. Any help would be appreciated. I did check around on Toshiba's site but it looks as though they only offer the drivers and such.

First time posting so if I am in the wrong spot please let me know.

Best

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Toshiba 5055C Firmware

Re: Toshiba 5055C Firmware

In the top right corner of the LCD panel, the copier is probably displaying an error code like F101_3. What is the code?

Toshiba does not publish the firmware on any public site. Attempting to install the firmware without the proper procedure can permanently damage the main board or system board inflicting a major hardware and labour expense upon yourself.

... or the Toshiba proprietary HDD could be dead and must be replaced with another plus reload the firmware plus reprogram the copier.

Either way, you should pay for the services of a Toshiba trained technician to recover your still valuable copier.

Technician
    Toshiba 5055C Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    In the top right corner of the LCD panel, the copier is probably displaying an error code like F101_3. What is the code?

Toshiba does not publish the firmware on any public site. Attempting to install the firmware without the proper procedure can permanently damage the main board or system board inflicting a major hardware and labour expense upon yourself.

... or the Toshiba proprietary HDD could be dead and must be replaced with another plus reload the firmware plus reprogram the copier.

Either way, you should pay for the services of a Toshiba trained technician to recover your still valuable copier.

I was able to resolve this on my own. Thanks.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Toshiba 5055C Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    I was able to resolve this on my own. Thanks.
    WELL WHAT WAS THE FIX?

how long have you had it fixed?

you post a problem and then don't post the fix? WTF?

Technician
    Toshiba 5055C Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    WELL WHAT WAS THE FIX?

how long have you had it fixed?

you post a problem and then don't post the fix? WTF?

LOL, sorry man got called away from desk, must of hit enter, did not mean to do that.

I was able to re-image the hard disk with the proper firmware. I will monitor to see if it happens again, if so I will look for a new hard disk. But for now I will wait an see if the hard disk just got corrupted or is actually failing. I suppose I could have tested the hard disk but there was some pressure to get it back up so I will go with the trial an error option.

To do this-

You will need USB 4 GB or more with the firmware on it. You need to make sure the folder structure is correct and the USB is formatted in FAT or FAT32, I went with FAT32.

i.e. the files must be placed on the USB device within a root folder labeled 2050C_5050C

You then need to hold down the clear and 3 key on power up this will bring up a menu were you can reformat the existing hard disk to create the partitions correctly.

Once that is completed you need to do a soft power down, then power back up while holding the 4 and 9 keys. This will bring up the menu were you can re-image the hard disk with the correct OS.

Please note if you do not have a backup config file of your copiers settings you will need to reconfigure the copier at this point. I did run multiple tests and have had no issues thus far, but who knows a couple restarts and I could see the same issue and have to order a new hard disk.

Hope this helps someone.