Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Estudio 3055C Cycling on and off also F 101 Error (How can I get Firmware)

Hello, I went to a Toshiba 3055C and it is now cycling on and off. It has the POS Wipe Drive. Before it showed that it had an error of F101 and F109. I want to reformat the hard drive and install firmware but don't know where I can get it.. (I don't work on many Toshiba's) If this is the route I should take. Any help will be greatly appreciated THANKS !!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Estudio 3055C Cycling on and off also F 101 Error (How can I get Firmware)

PM Sent. Other Techs if you need firmware please feel free to PM me. if you are an end user Book a tech! they know how to fix your machine and have lots of Knowledge on how not to Fu*K your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    Hello, I went to a Toshiba 3055C and it is now cycling on and off. It has the POS Wipe Drive. Before it showed that it had an error of F101 and F109. I want to reformat the hard drive and install firmware but don't know where I can get it.. (I don't work on many Toshiba's) If this is the route I should take. Any help will be greatly appreciated THANKS !!
    Thanks so much !!! Really appreciate that !!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

From experience...Replace HDD most likely

Quote Originally Posted by tech07 View Post
    From experience...Replace HDD most likely
    Thanks so much !!!

Could you please also send me the 3055C firmware? I was talking to our Toshiba tech, but he won't be able to visit our location soon (due to our local Covid Restrictions). He already walked me through how to reset the HDD (the original error code was F101), and now we are at the error code F520. He is hoping installing the firmware will prevent us from having to purchase and install a new hard drive.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jfoster01 View Post
    Could you please also send me the 3055C firmware? I was talking to our Toshiba tech, but he won't be able to visit our location soon (due to our local Covid Restrictions). He already walked me through how to reset the HDD (the original error code was F101), and now we are at the error code F520. He is hoping installing the firmware will prevent us from having to purchase and install a new hard drive.
    resetting the HDD is easy... if you fuck up during the firmware installation process you could turn this from a Tech needed situation .... to calling the garbage collector to haul the 'bricked' machine to the landfill.

being an end user frankly I'd wait for a trained tech to arrive.

The tech is available for me to call him and walk me through the installation. He just can't be physically on-site within the next week or two.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jfoster01 View Post
    The tech is available for me to call him and walk me through the installation. He just can't be physically on-site within the next week or two.
    ok do as you want... BUT if you press a wrong key ONCE you COULD have a boat anchor .... are you willing to risk that?

"you can pay me now... or pay me later.." it's totally up to you.

side note: IT IS ILLEGAL FOR A TRAINED TECH TO GIVE YOU COPYRIGHT SOFTWARE TO A NON-TECH. Any tech that does so could face the following: 1) loss of his tech ID and will not get it back. 2) he could face jail time 3) the dealership he works for could lose the rights to service/sell that product EVER again. 4) such discussion here at CTN is a violation of forum rule #4 & #5. Please review the forum rules before you continue with this discussion.

Ok. I did not realize that. I saw the drivers and other software available for download on Toshiba's website. I didn't know why the firmware wasn't there, so I just thought I would check around.
    Thanks!