Technician
    Toshiba 5055c weird lines

We keep getting weird lines on the top of each page, 8.5" side, regardless of what is printed. I have checked the toner waste box, drum and such. Can't seem to figure out where it is coming from any ideas would be appreciated.

20200629_085832.jpg

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Toshiba 5055c weird lines

I suspect this is caused by the K Developing unit - look at the magnetic roller. Your developing roller could have some 'play' at the back side where the gears are this due to worn out developer roller shaft. The bearing gets stuck and eats the shaft.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzoo View Post
    I suspect this is caused by the K Developing unit - look at the magnetic roller. Your developing roller could have some 'play' at the back side where the gears are this due to worn out developer roller shaft. The bearing gets stuck and eats the shaft.
    Whats the repeating interval? I like the black developing unit too. You'll want (4) bearings (not bushings), (4) seals, (2) augers, (4) gears, and black developer. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Whats the repeating interval? I like the black developing unit too. You'll want (4) bearings (not bushings), (4) seals, (2) augers, (4) gears, and black developer. =^..^=
    I know you are very thorough Blackcat when it comes to such info but I don't have it for you but I recall it wasn't a such exact interval on my occasions. That's why I assumed from the poster pic it may be what i've seen.

Done loads of dev units rebuilts especially on 3555 - these have the plastic bushings as you know and the bearings replacement plus all the above mention are the real long term fix.
    I've seen many 5055 with failed auger bearings at about 250k or more per dev unit, mostly black ones. ATS Sensors must not be overlooked, they got scored or get toner buildup
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    We keep getting weird lines on the top of each page, 8.5" side, regardless of what is printed. I have checked the toner waste box, drum and such. Can't seem to figure out where it is coming from any ideas would be appreciated.

20200629_085832.jpg
    You should state machine total counter and consumables life but I have to agree with guys.
    I have done tons of developer units rebuild on older models like dp3500 and so on.
    Sadly Toshiba seems to replicate their downfalls on newer models. Seals are leaking developer wearing mixer shafts and mag roller shafts, not to mention seizures of bearings and damaged gears.
    Not to even mention developer spilled into machine and eating drums due to worn spacers.
    Ohh, what a days that was...
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.