Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Toshiba E Studio 2330C E030 (Jam Code) and Rattle/Click When Turning On

I have a Toshiba 2330c copier/printer that I am having issues with. It all started with a simple paper jam..the machine ate 3 papers at a time rather than just one. Pulled the papers out and ever since then I have had this problem and have not been able to use the unit at all. When starting it up it makes a rattle(ish) noise and gives me the E030 code as if there is still a paper jam---even though we cleared it. I am at a loss here and am not sure where to go. I've checked the obvious and everything (I think) looks good. I am not familiar with big copier machines but if guided the right direction I am sure I can fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Toshiba E Studio 2330C E030 (Jam Code) and Rattle/Click When Turning On

Quote Originally Posted by jmuenchow View Post
    I have a Toshiba 2330c copier/printer that I am having issues with. It all started with a simple paper jam..the machine ate 3 papers at a time rather than just one. Pulled the papers out and ever since then I have had this problem and have not been able to use the unit at all. When starting it up it makes a rattle(ish) noise and gives me the E030 code as if there is still a paper jam---even though we cleared it. I am at a loss here and am not sure where to go. I've checked the obvious and everything (I think) looks good. I am not familiar with big copier machines but if guided the right direction I am sure I can fix it. Thanks in advance.

you have knocked a sensor loose...

when you removed the jam are you sure you got ALL of the paper out of the machine? it takes only a tiny scrap to cause problems.

what are the page counts on the feed rollers & such like items..

being an enduser I feel you are above you level of abilities ... might want to hire a trained tech.. that way if HE messes anything up HE can be held accountable.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I have a Toshiba 2330c copier/printer that I am having issues with. It all started with a simple paper jam..the machine ate 3 papers at a time rather than just one. Pulled the papers out and ever since then I have had this problem and have not been able to use the unit at all. When starting it up it makes a rattle(ish) noise and gives me the E030 code as if there is still a paper jam---even though we cleared it. I am at a loss here and am not sure where to go. I've checked the obvious and everything (I think) looks good. I am not familiar with big copier machines but if guided the right direction I am sure I can fix it.

Thanks in advance.

E030 is Power On Jam - the machine sees a jam somewhere, difficult sometimes to spot which sensor is. My guess is the Fuser Unit Exit Sensor having the actuator stuck or faulty Exit Sensor due to heat/loose connector. The machine is quite old but a was good machine in my own opinion. I would remove the Fuser Unit and check that sensor which is located in the middle of that top guide part of the fuser. You might be lucky to find the sensor connector loose under the cover on the right hand side.

Call a tech better if you don't succeed.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzoo View Post
    E030 is Power On Jam - the machine sees a jam somewhere, difficult sometimes to spot which sensor is. My guess is the Fuser Unit Exit Sensor having the actuator stuck or faulty Exit Sensor due to heat/loose connector. The machine is quite old but a was good machine in my own opinion. I would remove the Fuser Unit and check that sensor which is located in the middle of that top guide part of the fuser. You might be lucky to find the sensor connector loose under the cover on the right hand side.

Call a tech better if you don't succeed.

Inspected and they looked OK. Made sure everything was connected and secured. I even cleaned the sensors up a little bit and it is still doing the same thing. I have very little desire to dig deep into this to be honest as it is such an old unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    you have knocked a sensor loose...

when you removed the jam are you sure you got ALL of the paper out of the machine? it takes only a tiny scrap to cause problems.

what are the page counts on the feed rollers & such like items..

being an enduser I feel you are above you level of abilities ... might want to hire a trained tech.. that way if HE messes anything up HE can be held accountable.
    Phil I agree with you. I am very hesitant on diving deep into this because I don't want to get caught in a situation where I bit off more than I can chew. I am almost positive at this point that there is some paper stuck in the machine still somewhere. Where? I'm not sure but it makes the most sense.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Inspected and they looked OK. Made sure everything was connected and secured. I even cleaned the sensors up a little bit and it is still doing the same thing. I have very little desire to dig deep into this to be honest as it is such an old unit.
    did you run a sensor test?

i really feel this is above your pay grade.

VISUAL inspection doesn't cut it!

what did you 'clean' the sensors with?

I believe to have found the problem. The little "tooth" (?) That goes underneath the exit sensor with the little spring broke. I am going to try to repair it and see if maybe that solves the problem.

That was indeed my problem. I decided to leave the spring and broken piece off just to see if the noise and error message would go away and they did. Now the thing jams every time I go to print and I am assuming its because of the broken parts I left out. I will upload some pictures to see if they sell it separately or if I need to buy the fuser unit. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    did you run a sensor test?

i really feel this is above your pay grade.

VISUAL inspection doesn't cut it!

what did you 'clean' the sensors with?

I actually cleaned the sensors on the machine behind the fuser..there are two. I cleaned them with a lint free cloth. That's when I re-read your post and found the sensor on the fuser and the broken parts.

Here is the picture. The yellow circle indicates where it broke.
    2.jpg